Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa4x Plays WAV file
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snoopy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
+1

WAV recording/playback is a must for the next (or this?????) model

Just about all other keyboards have it.

P Very Happy

+1 ( I would prefer WAVE-RECORDING more than WAVE-playing Wink )

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Friends:

I respect all opinions.- A debate about wich is the best proccesor, put's out the focus of the principal stuff: sounding of our keyboards.-
I respect technician opinions, and i don't debate them.- What i think it's usefull for everybody is sounding and some hardware capabilities for controlling them easily and of course on a gig.-
I think also, that pretending that new keyboards provides functions that were introduced on different hardware (f. ex. recording capabilities - mp3, wav, etc.) puts the focus out of keyboard nature.-
Korg on it's great kyb have incorporate some hardware "solutions" (not at all), that makes new kby similar to old monster radiocassette recordes.- That's a big mistake.-
I think that naming "proffesional" some product, means that it was built and designed to specific high quality function.- F. ex.: Open reel vs radiocassette recorders.- The first one was dedicated only to record and play sound with the top quality posible, and nothing else.- The second was dedicated to fun without taking in count final quality.-
I've a PA4x and a separete unit of kaossilator pro, and i'v satisfy with end results. Each one provides de best on themselves.- Said this i don't use kaos section included on PA4x.- So no issues on both.- The same with vocalprocesor; i've a VoiceLive 2 wich does his job and responds correctly to chords via midi.- As in my band my rol is only keyboardist, the singer controls Voicelive, me not.-
I know that those functions included on PA4x and later arrangers may work right well for entertaiment propouse or single musician that want an unique hardware for all.- But for a proffesional job, hardware must be dedicated.- This means an invest that not all could get, but if you go to the market you'll get high quality hardware for less money than the newest keyboard.-
I finally think that proffesional kyb is the one that give the best sound and with the less issues between long time.- PA4X is a proffesional kyb don't pretend it's the sum of all technical. This applyes to flagship Kronos, wich for me, after having other proffesional kyb, is the of all synths.-
With regards, as allways
Eduardo
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: ek50 Reply with quote

karmathanever

You can shut this down it's okay with me I was just pointing out that maybe we will get a wave player that's all..

For me it had nothing to do with microprocessors extra memory DPS chips.. As long as the keyboard does what they say it will do I'm good with it could have old-fashioned tubes inside of it as long as it works..

As far as the EK-50 , all it needs is the songbook function harmonizer and I would be set, yes it's not as good as pa4x but it would work.. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: