Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sampling keyboards in Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Baires

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Sampling keyboards in Kronos Reply with quote

Hello everyone. If anybody could point me in the direction of where I could find this information but detailed information or I'd even be willing to pay someone to help and teach me how to sample in the Korg Kronos. I have a room full of legendary keyboards and would like to sample certain sounds into the Kronos. But I really can't find anything with Clarity and detail on how to perform this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you Very Happy
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there,

Sampling is an art in itself, but I can tell you that one of my favorite aspects of the Kronos is its sampling mode. It can be intimidating at first because one needs to get accustomed with the Kronos particular interface and "workflow" in sampling mode, but like anything else after a while everything becomes much simpler.

For sampling and emulation of real instruments, I recommend you start with just a few samples, then working on creating short and long loops as inaudible as possible, depending on the type of sound you want to sample.

For example, it's much easier to sample a sound using simple waveforms from a digital synth as it implies rather short loops, which can more easily be made "inaudible" as if the sound has infinite length. Other sounds like for example Mellotron notes or complex wavesequences, are trickier to loop because you then need to use long loops if you want them to sustain forever.

In any case, I would also recommend you also use a software such as WaveLab to simplify certain aspects sometimes needed in sampling, like crossfade loops. Probably there are also freeware able to create things like crossfade loops as well, etc.

There are probably many excellent discussions and Web pages about this. Google about sampling tips, short and long loops, how to create crossfade loops, etc. Once you know the basics about that stuff, it is easy to create multisamples and immortalize your other keyboards into the Kronos. I personally sampled and then sold several keyboard instruments when I bought my Kronos. What is fun now is all their best sounds are also part of my K2. Cool
Pastor Baires

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply! That's exactly what I want to do... But I don't even know where to start with all this Embarassed
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a PM. Cool
matro

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually use 3rd party software to sample my old gear.
I only use the Kronos sample mode to Sample more simple stuff than multi-sampled synthesizers.
qqquartzzz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this will help you or not.
I sampled a Lowrey TLO organ. Mainly for playing Baba O Riley live. Someday, I'm going to load the samples into my Kronos. I didn't have the Kronos at the time I did the initial sample so I loaded them into the NN-XT sampler in Reason.
Long story a little shorter, I documented the process.
If you'd like to watch on Youtube, PM me and I'll send you the link.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: