Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New keyboard in sight (PA4X Le) ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
OMG ...
Just OMG...
I believe an admin/moderator should look at what is written and take action for misinformation that are being written as facts here repeatedly by a user.
It is ok for somebody to make mistakes but he/she should learn from them and not repeat them or get stuck on one thing (which is not even correct too)...
I m not going to reply to this (hardware misinformation thing) anymore.

I think that Korg should provide accurate information on each model about its hardware inside. This forum is not affiliate to Korg. Any user misinformation should be clarified by experts explaining the real architecture inside Korg models.

Another video about Pa3XLe (aka Pa4XLe budget version) same PCM1791 24bits DAC audio quality and similar CPU/DSP hardware/software user interface as its big father the Pa4X. Build quality on Pa3XLe is very good for only 1500 bucks (summer discount of 1000) is a great deal.

Whats inside each equipment matters for example in the case of Pa3xLe (real name Pa4XLe) the TC-Helicon is not 100% a true Helicon engine the reason about its weak quality and why a forum is so important to clarify such issues based on users experiences.

www.facebook.com/alfredokiwi

www.alfredoblogspage.blogspot.com.ar
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfred,

You quoted musiccankill, but you totally ignored what he had to say!!! So basically you're just talking to yourself pretty much. You gotta stop throwing this DM123SADJFLSJF CHIP deal at every thread including a simple post about live performance!!! At this point, it's fairly obvious that you don't know when not to bring up this subject anymore. People with engineering background tried to have a conversation with you, and you keep on repeating yourself over and over. That is so odd!

alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
Alfred,

You quoted musiccankill, but you totally ignored what he had to say!!! So basically you're just talking to yourself pretty much. You gotta stop throwing this DM123SADJFLSJF CHIP deal at every thread including a simple post about live performance!!! At this point, it's fairly obvious that you don't know when not to bring up this subject anymore. People with engineering background tried to have a conversation with you, and you keep on repeating yourself over and over. That is so odd!

AntonySharmman provided the accurate information about inside processor on Pa series the DM3725. I like a lot to talk about hardware with people in this forum sharing engineering backgrounds, sorry to be a bit "heavy" repeating a technical subject is my silly way to communicate.

To bring conclusions to everyone I found another video about the Pa3XLe that shows the same superb sound quality as its big brother the Pa4X. Because Pa3XLe was released on sep 2014 a year before as the Pa4X on sep 2015 it was impossible to name it Pa4XLe version. Below is the video description with the after date corrections....

The Pa3XLe is the newest member of KORG’s flagship Pa4X (not Pa3X) Professional Arranger series. Perfect for performance and songwriting, the Pa3XLe puts the renowned power and sound of the Pa4X in a superb 76-note keyboard with an intuitive interface, stylish aluminum case with wood end panels, and plenty of hands-on control. It is packed with incredibly realistic and detailed sounds, plus a wide range of styles that cover genres from all types of music. The Pa3XLe delivers more of the high-quality sound from Pa4X, and ease of use that musicians worldwide have come to expect from the newest KORG Pa Series.

Korg followed the unification of software and hardware parts using same mainboard between models from entry level Pa600 to flagship Pa4X to accelerate the development reducing at the same time manufacturing costs. This is the reason why the Pa3XLe can be found at only 1500 bucks (discount of 1000) thanks to the fusion of hardware between models making a more affordable price and easier learning curve for everyone.

musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa3xle is a pa900 with 76 keys.
Same factory library (512mb as pa900 + 64mb better piano samples as the keybed is way better than pa900), same effects, same management system ,everything is the same.
Pa4x has a capacitive touch screen and so its real small brothers pa700 and pa1000.
Pa4x has insert effects and newer effects (more and way better sounding than what 3xle has) while pa3x le has exactly the same pa3x cutdown engine of pa3x..
Pa4x has newer controls (toggle switches, illuminated keys, 2 legato functions, better assignment) pa3xle has less than what 3x and same as pa900 and pa600.
And the list continues.
Given all these, even the most uninformed person can understand that pa3xle is in fact a pa3x lite edition....
The only thing it has in common with pa700/1000/4x is the shape of the cpu board which IS NOT something any musician cares about.
Sound wise the pa3x le is the same as pa900 too , nothing to do with pa4x...
If you believe that pa4x sounds like that, either you have never heard a pa4x in person , or something gone wrong...

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
Same factory library (512mb as pa900 + 64mb better piano samples as the keybed is way better than pa900), same effects, same management system ,everything is the same.
Pa4x has a capacitive touch screen and so its real small brothers pa700 and pa1000.
Pa4x has insert effects and newer effects (more and way better sounding than what 3xle has) while pa3x le has exactly the same pa3x cutdown engine of pa3x..
Pa4x has newer controls (toggle switches, illuminated keys, 2 legato functions, better assignment) pa3xle has less than what 3x and same as pa900 and pa600.
And the list continues.
Given all these, even the most uninformed person can understand that pa3xle is in fact a pa3x lite edition....
The only thing it has in common with pa700/1000/4x is the shape of the cpu board which IS NOT something any musician cares about.
If you believe that pa4x sounds like that, either you have never heard a pa4x in person , or something gone wrong...

The capacitive touch panel is the only difference on Pa4X but the mainboard does´n change because seems to use the secondary board to feed the AD converter for the resistive X-Y touch panel. Korg Kronos use a resistive touch panel it work very well but going technically a capacitive touch panel is much better because not only improves resolution with multitouch features also has a built in controller that generates an interrupt avoiding the use of a polling method for the AD scanning which consumes CPU resources (I don´t know if DM3725 has a sort of watchdog for the AD state change to emulate an interrupt).

Summarizing the mainboard remains the same despite the upgrade to a capacitive touch panel.

musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfredokiwi wrote:
musiccankill wrote:
And the list continues.

The capacitive touch panel is the only difference on Pa4X but the mainboard does´n change because seems to use the secondary board to feed the AD converter for the resistive X-Y touch panel. Korg Kronos use a resistive touch panel it work very well but going technically a capacitive touch panel is much better because not only improves resolution with multitouch features also has a built in controller that generates an interrupt avoiding the use of a polling method for the AD scanning which consumes CPU resources (I don´t know if DM3725 has a sort of watchdog for the AD state change to emulate an interrupt).

Summarizing the mainboard remains the same despite the upgrade to a capacitive touch panel.

You are absolutely right!
The other things i mentioned are not differences and i am a stupid person that knows nothing...Glad you cleared this up for me ....

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
alfredokiwi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
alfredokiwi wrote:
musiccankill wrote:
And the list continues.

The other things i mentioned are not differences and i am a stupid person that knows nothing...Glad you cleared this up for me ....

We need to see the good about reusing hardware parts because development time is improved with more spare parts available because changing the firmware enables the use of the same mainboard on other models. Using same mainboard is not a step backward for example think about the standardization of USB memories or SD card because today storage is very cheap for everyone. Very Happy

Years before we had the expensive "Sony types" of memories memorystick, memoryProduo, smartmedia, etc forcing people to pay a lot for nothing. Cool

musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfredokiwi wrote:
musiccankill wrote:
alfredokiwi wrote:
musiccankill wrote:
And the list continues.

We need to see the good about reusing hardware parts because development time is improved with more spare parts available because changing the firmware enable the use of the mainboard on other models. Using same mainboard is not a step backward for example think about the standardization of USB memories or SD card because today storage is very cheap for everyone. Years before we had the expensive "Sony types" of memories memorystick, memoryProduo, smartmedia, etc forcing people to pay a lot for nothing.

hahaha!!
Is it me or you just say the opposite of what you were trying to say all this time?
Decide, is pa3xle a pa4x cut down or not? hahahahha
Cause thats what they do , they used the old (pa3xle/900/600/300) cpu board pcb with better emmc ,and most probably faster clocks and they made a new product named PA4X which has a way different and hugely improved application running on it!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: