Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer Options question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: Sequencer Options question Reply with quote

I have a question, hoping someone might have a suggestion.

I have my Kronos connected to a Eurorack synth. 5-pin MIDI out goes to a MIDI-CV module to provide a clock, and sometimes note messages. The audio from the synth is routed back into the audio in ports on the Kronos. Really you could just consider it to be like any external MIDI synth where the Kronos is supplying the clock and its audio is coming into the Kronos.

I'm in sequencer mode.

For the Kronos to send a clock, the sequencer has to be running (either play or record). If I'm recording and the stereo track corresponding to Audio 1/2 in is selected for recording or record armed in multi-record mode, everything works as expected.

However, if the sequencer is just playing without recording, the audio on the track corresponding to audio in 1/2 is not heard. I'd like to be able to monitor it while the sequence is just playing back.

Is there a way I can enable this?

Thanks!
Gunnar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an Audio Routing problem only, is it not? You've routed the audio ins to the record bus, so they only sound when you are recording. However, if you instead route the audio ins to L&R, they will play continuously, regardless of the recording state of the sequencer.
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gunnar! Yeah, I was so focused on the record bus I somehow completely overlooked this. This is exactly what I was looking for!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: