Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WAV Samples to Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Equalizer23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: WAV Samples to Kronos Reply with quote

Hi there,
I just purchased samples of various organs from the website http://www.vintagekeyboardsounds.com/
and want to convert them to use as programs on my Kronos 2 61
What is the best way to do that?
I tried putting them in Kontakt and converting to sf2, but when I fire up Extreme Sample Converter and open Kontakt inside, the samples won't play
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESC do not support latest Kontakt samplers (5 & 4) that's why they do not play !
Try a sampler editor that can export SF2 and then use ESC/Awave Studio or directly import them in Kronos
and create notes mapping in multisamples.

I don't understand why to pay for just single samples when most of them are already free !
When you want to purchase a native instrument , you should had demanded not only to be Korg KMP format
but also already developed for Kronos Programs & Combinations with all organ registration assigned to sliders
and all FX assigned to controllers and ready to play like this Vintage Keyboards EXs
Also there is a service that can make this job for you at http://wavesart.eu/Hire

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Equalizer23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick answer Smile
So what sampler editor that can export sf2 do you recommend? preferably for mac, although I have parallel desktop running Windows as well

I understand your point about buying pre-programmed patches for Kronos, but these samples sounded really good to me and I wanted custom ones!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a VST developer I use a custom open source Kontakt sampler that is compatible with all ,
but I also directly edit MS in Kronos when required.
On the other hand , liking some samples , doesn't mean that you can make them sound the same as demos
for many reasons that I need 100 pages to describe , so if you're not an experienced sound developer your wise
option is to listen to demos coming out of Kronos HD1 engine and then purchase them.

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Equalizer23

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is there a sampler someone can recommend which can take WAVs or AIFFs, map them to keys (automatically or manually) and then export to SF2?
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally prefer sampling wave files directly in the Kronos. It's easy and fun to do once you follow a procedure. I also use WaveLab to define the best loops (short or long depending on the sound) and their parameters for multisampled instruments like what you are looking to do.
Badplaya

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Equalizer23,
I had to make multiple sample files and upload them to my Kronos. I followed instructions using a video on YouTube. Unfortunately I can't paste the link here but if you Google: ksc file management korg kronos, the first video by Jimbo K works perfectly. The only drawback is you have to follow the process for every individual file but you can do it pretty quickly once you get the hang of it. Hope this helps and good luck!!!
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: WAV Samples to Kronos Reply with quote

Equalizer23 wrote:

I tried putting them in Kontakt and converting to sf2, but when I fire up Extreme Sample Converter and open Kontakt inside, the samples won't play

Follow the instructions in this thread. It explains how to use Extreme Sample Converter to resample any VST or library, even encrypted ones for Kontakt.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=77434

Regards
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: