Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New demo by Korg, for Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject: New demo by Korg, for Kronos Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/otFSWo1RcYo

I saw this in my Korg channel feed. It came along with the new release of Korg’s EK-50. Same week that Yamaha’s MODX came out.

Looks like putting out a new demo of the same old wonderful Kronos, is Korg’s way of saying that Kronos will remian its newest and most advanced model.
I guess i cannot disagree if that is the case. I am still not seeing anything from other makers, nothing that can do or outdo Kronos.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: New demo by Korg, for Kronos Reply with quote

19naia wrote:
https://youtu.be/otFSWo1RcYo

I saw this in my Korg channel feed. It came along with the new release of Korg’s EK-50. Same week that Yamaha’s MODX came out.

Looks like putting out a new demo of the same old wonderful Kronos, is Korg’s way of saying that Kronos will remian its newest and most advanced model.
I guess i cannot disagree if that is the case. I am still not seeing anything from other makers, nothing that can do or outdo Kronos.

Yeah, a few things going on. Or not. There was a visit to Korg HQ last summer- by our FB Kronos musician (narf ? or Francis) . His takeaway was that its Kronos this year and into 2019. It sounded plausible.

For sure, Yamaha has shook things up with MODX. I think this is excellent for keyboardists. Roland is starting to roll out new stuff.

So thats the latest buzz and I can see Korg wanting to assert itself with Kronos, again. I listened to Glasper and he made a distinction between the live keyboard performer (real musicians keyboard-live instrumentation), and the studio musician.

I can see that gigging keyboardists are solidly content with their K's. makes perfect sense. If I gigged, absolutely , Kronos all the way, every day. All set and 100% happy.

However, some of us home studio types have our own or more requirements. I love my K and its a joy to write new songs. And the recording quality is excellent. Speaking for myself, after 7 yrs, I want more diversity , more power, updated instruments/FX, etc. I think most have their wish list.

Nothing wrong with being demanding and having a wish list. I am from the school of 'what have you done lately'. Even so, I don't mind waiting for 2020 for Korg to top their game - beyond Kronos.

Us musicians live in great times - having a K plus all these other excellent choices to add to the palette, either live or in the home studio.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just such a brilliant package.
tdwctdwc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One common theme that i often hear one way or another in those interviews are stories on how the kronos gets mistaken with the real thing or stories on being asked what vst is used in an x or Y kronos made song etc.

Goes to show that the kronos can be the ultimate "secret weapon" or "secret sauce" in the studio, even until this day.
fomalhaut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the video does a poor service to the Kronos and its capabilities, even the Herbie Hancock one was more on topic. The guy could be talking about the Grandstage or the Krome, for that matter.
matro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MODX is to Montage what Krome is is Kronos, that is the way I see it.
It is nice to see that Yamaha have stepped up their game, that is always good for us users.
However, the keybeds on those cheaper boards aren't very pleasant. Dreadful even. I am referring to the non-weighted keys.
I agree that there is time to overhaul the Kronos, the question is in what direction. Where is the market at?
Some would say better integration with DAWs, others, make it independent of DAWs, etc etc.
Yamaha took a clear step by removing the advance sequencer and sampling that was a part of the Motif package. It took a couple of years, but now Montage integrates well with DAWs and you get a free version of Sample Robot for Montage.
I think Korg will surprise us all. Wink
loki56

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video is bad AF..
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part 1 of the Kronos-2 demo just got released, long enough after part two was released.
https://youtu.be/XsQmKp3hVK4
I guess dislexia works to the advantage of great musicianship.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: