Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

prologue Librarian "Failed to communicate with Prologue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeeja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:57 pm    Post subject: prologue Librarian "Failed to communicate with Prologue Reply with quote

Almost every time I launch prologue Librarian, or when I manually try to receive data in the app, I get the error message mentioned in the title. My prologue is definitely connected via USB, and communicates fine with Ableton Live. Of the dozens of times I've opened Librarian, it has connected 3 or 4 times successfully. There seems to be no rhyme or reason why it fails the other 90% of the time.

Anyone else having this issue or know a way around it?

Sometimes restarting my computer helps, but sometimes it doesn't (and that obviously isn't an ideal solution).

Thanks
NickZoll

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i do not have the issue. Do you have korg driver installed? If no you should get the latest version, if yes try to reinstall maybe also using another usb port.
rgarner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have this issue. Sierra on Mac, latest USB driver. Stopping other programs that are talking to the Prologue first helps, as does selecting the MIDI ports manually and *then* going back to automatic.

It's all a bit of a rain dance, though.
jeeja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgarner wrote:
Yes, I have this issue. Sierra on Mac, latest USB driver. Stopping other programs that are talking to the Prologue first helps, as does selecting the MIDI ports manually and *then* going back to automatic.

I'm on Mac High Sierra with latest driver as well. I'll give those steps a shot next time. Does seem awfully finicky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: