Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please tell me how to make PA1000 sound very clean!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shandera

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject: Please tell me how to make PA1000 sound very clean! Reply with quote

Hello!
Please tell me how to make PA1000 sound very clean!
The sound is deaf, dirty!
I would like to like this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOEqwwL0Ppc Sad
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly are you using the Pa1000 speakers or a Pa ?
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the video its a Pa4x and the user appears to be using monitor speakers, on your Pa1000 i would suggest changing the eq settings ?
Shandera

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
In the video its a Pa4x and the user appears to be using monitor speakers, on your Pa1000 i would suggest changing the eq settings ?

I record audio in mp3 format on an SD card.
Then I listen to good acoustics from a PC, I also listened to a video with Yutube on it. EQ Tried to heavily pick up the top, but the sound is still dirty, though ringing.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An external 2 channel graphic equilizer between keyboard and monitor speakers will give even better sound quality.
Shandera

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
An external 2 channel graphic equilizer between keyboard and monitor speakers will give even better sound quality.

Thank you. That is, the record of mp3 on the SD card can not be a qualitative force of Korg himself?
And tell me, how can I defeat the deaf piano sound?
I installed the Yamaha C-5 sound, but the sound of the piano is still deaf.
EQ does not help. Is this a feature of Korg?
Can this problem be solved?
Can it is necessary where that what to adjust?
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the Customising the Sounds section of the manual it shows how to adjust various parameters of a specific Sound.

Additionally if you read up on Fx here is another set of adjustments that may help in giving the sound tone you seek.

You are not the first to have issues with the tonal arrangement of instrument voices in a Korg Arranger, so what I am suggesting is that if after making adjustments you are still unhappy then this is as far as can go with that sound. Other instrument voices are available to download and install that may sound better to you.

If you can I suggest that you visit a music store and check out a Yamaha S975 & Genos to compare their instrument sounds with your 1000
Shandera

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
If you look at the Customising the Sounds section of the manual it shows how to adjust various parameters of a specific Sound.

Additionally if you read up on Fx here is another set of adjustments that may help in giving the sound tone you seek.

You are not the first to have issues with the tonal arrangement of instrument voices in a Korg Arranger, so what I am suggesting is that if after making adjustments you are still unhappy then this is as far as can go with that sound. Other instrument voices are available to download and install that may sound better to you.

If you can I suggest that you visit a music store and check out a Yamaha S975 & Genos to compare their instrument sounds with your 1000

Unfortunately, there is no instruction in my language.
And find the right parameter and translate is not easy.
Please tell me which pages of the instruction should be studied, what would the sound of the piano become cleaner and higher?
Will the quality of the recording increase if I do not record to the SD card in mp3 format, but record on a PC via the STEINBERG UR22 sound card of the MKII?
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you download the English manual for your PA1000 and then read from page 375 you should see how to adjust the parameters of the individual sounds.

Also read up on the Global settings so that you can enable Editing.

Do backup your keyboard before doing anything
Shandera

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
If you download the English manual for your PA1000 and then read from page 375 you should see how to adjust the parameters of the individual sounds.

Also read up on the Global settings so that you can enable Editing.

Do backup your keyboard before doing anything

Thank you. I will study.
Will i get the quality of the recording above via a sound card and PC, than the Korg on the SD card?
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re your recording quality.

It depends.

On the quality of your soundcard and on what software you use for recording

Check out free software called Audacity, you can select the recording format. I have been using it for about 10 years.

You may also wish to Register with BandLab and once registered you can download, install and use the free DAW called Cakewalk. There is no catch to this, no advertisements just a great piece of software that many musicians have used for years when it used to be sold by Sonar who went out of business and BandLab stepped in to keep it going.

If you are still unhappy with the quality of your recorded WAV file then you may need an interface unit which includes a soundcard, Behringer UMC204HD will provide this but try my first method before researching further. I feed MIDI out of my Korg into the Behringer and USB into my laptop which has a poor quality soundcard hence why I use the Behringer.
MaximK777

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shandera wrote:
Biggles wrote:

Thank you. That is, the record of mp3 on the SD card can not be a qualitative force of Korg himself?

Good afternoon, Shandera! Please, tell me - have you managed to achieve good sound quality when recording mp3 inside Korg using only synthesizer tools without connecting to a computer? And - did you manage to adjust the synthesizer for high-quality playback of the sound of the piano that you sampled from Yamaha? Thank you so much in advance! I choose between Korg PA1000 and Yamaha PSR975, therefore, such questions. Do you regret that you took Korg, and not Yamaha?
Shandera

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaximK777 wrote:
Shandera wrote:
Biggles wrote:

Good afternoon, Shandera! Please, tell me - have you managed to achieve good sound quality when recording mp3 inside Korg using only synthesizer tools without connecting to a computer? And - did you manage to adjust the synthesizer for high-quality playback of the sound of the piano that you sampled from Yamaha? Thank you so much in advance! I choose between Korg PA1000 and Yamaha PSR975, therefore, such questions. Do you regret that you took Korg, and not Yamaha?

Hello MaximK777.
My opinion is. That Yamaha 975 is still better in sounding. Better on management. Better in quality. A bit less opportunity when creating a style. But much less glitches. If it were possible, I would trade Korg for Yamaha. But this is only my opinion and it may not coincide with the opinion of the majority.
I still don't like the sound of the piano. But even more I don’t like the sound of a hard rock electric guitar. On Yamaha it sounds better. But this is my opinion.
You need to decide for yourself what the tool is for you.
You need to touch both products yourself and compare their quality.
You need in good headphones to listen to both instruments and compare the same sounds. Since everyone has different tastes.
You need to listen to yourself how the styles from the same groups sound.
You need to get acquainted with the convenience of the menu and choose what is more convenient for you.
Personally, my opinion. The most important thing in the instrument is sound quality. (It’s not right to compare different instruments in native acoustics. Only in the same headphones.)
Quality and reliability are also important. And only then the functional. The functionality will not be needed if the sound quality is poor and the reliability is even worse. But my opinion, I told you completely. It's up to you to decide!
Any tool is not perfect. You must choose what is more important to you!
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were close enough, I'd gladly trade you a like-new PSR S970 for the PA1000!
MaximK777

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shandera wrote:
MaximK777 wrote:
Shandera wrote:
Biggles wrote:

Hello MaximK777.
My opinion is. That Yamaha 975 is still better in sounding. Better on management. Better in quality. A bit less opportunity when creating a style. But much less glitches. If it were possible, I would trade Korg for Yamaha. But this is only my opinion and it may not coincide with the opinion of the majority.
I still don't like the sound of the piano. But even more I don’t like the sound of a hard rock electric guitar. On Yamaha it sounds better. But this is my opinion.
You need to decide for yourself what the tool is for you.
You need to touch both products yourself and compare their quality.
You need in good headphones to listen to both instruments and compare the same sounds. Since everyone has different tastes.
You need to listen to yourself how the styles from the same groups sound.
You need to get acquainted with the convenience of the menu and choose what is more convenient for you.
Personally, my opinion. The most important thing in the instrument is sound quality. (It’s not right to compare different instruments in native acoustics. Only in the same headphones.)
Quality and reliability are also important. And only then the functional. The functionality will not be needed if the sound quality is poor and the reliability is even worse. But my opinion, I told you completely. It's up to you to decide!
Any tool is not perfect. You must choose what is more important to you!
Thank you so much, Shandera! I understood. If possible, please specify - have you managed to achieve good quality recording of music in mp3 in the synthesizer itself, without a computer? Thank you very much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: