Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there a way to maintain beat thru combo or prog changes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dusk Dave

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Is there a way to maintain beat thru combo or prog changes? Reply with quote

Hi all,

While it seems there are a number of ways to create drum patterns on the Kross (viz. Drum Track, Arp and Step Sequencer), all of these seem to default to 'off' when you change a program or combination.

Has anyone found a way to keep ANY beat going thru a combo or prog change without having to hit the keyboard to re-trigger it?
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Nope, it is not going to work. Changing a combo or program inherently means a reconfig of the synth model and thus a hick-up in the ongoing beat.

Bye.
Dusk Dave

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Righto. At least that'll stop me wasting any more time looking for something that doesn't exist. The ability to send a MIDI note-on message when a combo is changed would seem to be all that is needed and it's a shame such a simple thing isn't an option.

Best I've managed is to get a foot controller to change programs within a combo by disabling combination changes in MIDI filters. That allows me to keep the combo's drum track running while I change programs with my feet but the scope is a limited.

Anyhow, thanks for the info OpAmp Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: