Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Microkorg midi connections - please help a noob!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gnieuw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Microkorg midi connections - please help a noob! Reply with quote

Hi folks, this is my first post here. Full disclosure: I'm primarily a guitarist who can plunk out a few notes on a keyboard, and looking to integrate synths into the mix for textures and atmosphere. I've had a MicroKorg XL and an Arturia Microbrute for a while, but never used then together. until now. I'm trying to hook them up now by midi, with the XL as master and the brute as slave. This is my first experience with midi, so yes I am a total noob. Be patient with me please!

Here's what I would like to do: use the midi clock on the xl to control the brute's sequencer, but have the two sound engines operate independently.

Here's what I have already done: connected the two with a midi cable from the xl midi out > micro brute in

Here's what happened: the clocks seemed to be synced, but when i pressed a note on the XL, it triggered both synth engines. I want the sounds to operate independently, and just the timing to be synced.

Does this need to be controlled in the XL or in the brute? if it is the xl, how do i do it?

Thanks in advance!
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm not familiar with the Brute.

The solution is to make sure both use a different midi channel. The channel has no impact on the sync of the Arturia to the mkXL.

Changing the midi channel on the mKXL: go to the global parameters/midi channel and change this one.
The factory default is 1. Probably, as soon as you assign another number, the microbrute sound engine will not respond anymore to keys on the mkXL.

Have fun.
gnieuw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked! Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: