Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to Triger Vocal Harmony On/Off via Footpedal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottyee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Unable to Triger Vocal Harmony On/Off via Footpedal Reply with quote

I want to trigger mic harmony on/off via the PA1000's assignable foot pedal selection: "Mic Harmony/Double Lead". Unfortunately it's not working on my PA1000 running the latest OS version 1.20 (May 23, 2018 version).

All other foot pedal assignable functions I tried (Intros, Ending, Breaks, etc) work so the problem isn't with my foot pedal polarity setting or with the foot pedal or cable.

Can other PA1000 owners test this out and let me know if it's working for them. Press the PA1000's MENU (physical button), then:

Controllers > Foot > Pedal/Footswitch Function: Mic Harmony/Double Lead.

Thanks,

Scott
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great talking to you today Scott. Hope we got you straightened out on the harmonizer. It is fairly complicated to set up, or at least I made it complicated Smile
When I get time, I'll try to write it down in case anyone else is having problems.
scottyee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don , thanks so much for the help you gave me on the phone getting the vocal harmonizer working via the PA1000 assignable foot switch. To make it work required me to create a user voice harmonizer preset adjusting the backup harmony voice levels to ideally balance my lead voice. I got mine setup
so the backup harmony is added while the foot pedal is being depressed and with my lead voice alone when pedal is released. Love that Korg utilizes such a high quality Tc Helicon vocal processor in th PA1000. 😀
Scott
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Unable to Triger Vocal Harmony On/Off via Footpedal Reply with quote

scottyee wrote:
.. Can other PA1000 owners test this out and let me know if it's working for them. Press the PA1000's MENU (physical button), then:
Controllers > Foot > Pedal/Footswitch Function: Mic Harmony/Double Lead. ..

I am surprised if someone can find displayed "Controllers > Foot > Pedal/Footswitch Function: Mic Harmony/Double Lead"
or can activate via the PA1000 's assignable foot pedal selection: "Mic harmony/Double lead",
because in the manual "OS version 1.2" of the PA1000 you will not find this function under "Functions assignable to a Footswitch" (manual page 820).

Is it possible that newer Pa1000 were delivered with OS-updates whose functions are not documented - and if so, are there other undocumented functions?

Would be positive the feature would exist and would work, even if it were undocumented - the other way round would be less gratifying.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
scottyee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: Unable to Triger Vocal Harmony On/Off via Footpedal Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:

I am surprised if someone can find displayed "Controllers > Foot > Pedal/Footswitch Function: Mic Harmony/Double Lead"
or can activate via the PA1000 's assignable foot pedal selection: "Mic harmony/Double lead",
because in the manual "OS version 1.2" of the PA1000 you will not find this function under "Functions assignable to a Footswitch" (manual page 820)..

Hi siebenhirter: Your correct that the manual doesn't list Mic Harmony/Double Lead as a footswitch function, but jump two pages ahead (page 823) and you'lll see it listed as an Expression Pedal function. Utilizing an Expression Pedal will certainly offer more control to create a slower gradual fading in/out of the vocal harmonies. I'll have to get my hands on an expression pedal to try that out. For now, the momentary footswitch pedal is working well. Cool
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Unable to Triger Vocal Harmony On/Off via Footpedal Reply with quote

scottyee wrote:
... the manual doesn't list Mic Harmony/Double Lead as a footswitch function ..

.. that is because "Mic Harmony/Double LEVEL" really is no footswitch function to trigger Vocal Harmony On/Off.

Thank you for your infos - you will find my details in thread "Adding a Second Assignable Foot Pedal Function via MIDI".

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Dnj

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott I had the same problem with my Pa1000 VH On/Off...
but when I switched from a Boss FS5 Silver non latching to a Boss FS5L Black latching pedal it worked fine again...good luck.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Pa1000: Harmony/Double LEVEL is not Vocal Harmony On/Off Reply with quote

Dnj wrote:
.. I had the same problem with my Pa1000 VH On/Off ... but when I switched from a non latching to a latching pedal it worked fine ...

Latching / non-latching are two types of switches - latching switches maintains its state after being actuated and has no default position and remains in its last position.

Conversely, a non-latching switch maintains its state only while being actuated and has an initial position.

Generell problem with both types of switches using function "Mic Harmony/Double LEVEL" is the same, because this function does not trigger Vocal Harmony On/Off.

Believe it or not - Pa1000 using a switch (latching or not) assigned to function "mic-harmony/double-level" only affects harmony/double-signal at the end of this block to minimum or maximum, but does not switch on/off reliable as explained in thread "Adding a Second Assignable Foot Pedal Function via MIDI".

But for your needs if you think it works fine - that is ok and may be a compromise. But with a good conscience I would not recommend it to anyone here.

siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 Harmony/Double LEVEL is not Harmony/Double-On/Off Reply with quote

duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: foot Reply with quote

scottyee ,, Iam sure that i have my setup with a vocal harmony on/off.... for the footpedal , so just download this and try it and tell us if it work for you ...

this one in not a backup file its open to see.. the file below you can use ,,, also ...

again if you backup all your stuff , you will be good ,,,

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=113805&highlight=duby2
scottyee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duby2:
thanks for the offer but DonM shared with me how trigger vocal harmony on/off by assigning the Pa1000's assignable foot pedal to "Mic Harmony/Double Lead" and then create a USER mic preset including vocal harmonies. Detailed earlier in this thread. Working great for me. Scott Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: