Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI CC's - ARP, Drums and Step Seq

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dusk Dave

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: MIDI CC's - ARP, Drums and Step Seq Reply with quote

Hello once again,

I'm pretty new to the whole MIDI thing as I am, ordinarily, a guitarist... That said, I have got the Behringer FCB1010 MIDI control pedal thing talking to the Kross and all seems OK so far.

My question is this: Is it possible to send a MIDI message that will start and/or stop the Drum Track and/or Step Sequencer?

It appears easy to control the Arp via MIDI as on, off, gate, velocity and swing all have a MIDI code. Likewise, either the drums or seq can be toggled via a footswitch.

Can this footswitch function be operated via MIDI? Is there another way?

DD
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the parameter guide, and didn't find anything like that. It's possible that it exists, but you might need a KORG programmer to tell you.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MIDI implementation document for the Kross suggests that it is possible to set the drum track and arpeggiator remotely, but it requires SysEx messages, which the FCB1010 can send, but they need to be "recorded" into the FCB1010. The question is, does the Kross send SysEx messages when the arpeggiator or drum buttons are pressed.

Dusk Dave

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies Smile

Even if I could get the SysEx message to do it (I haven't tried yet), it would still mean programming 2 floor pedals to get everything to stop at the same time: CC on one and a SysEx on the other. I can already stop Arp via CC and Drum Track OR Step Seq with the Kross footswitch but it's a faff to do both in a live performance situation. The FCB1010 can send 2 CC's from one stomp which is why I hoped Drums or Step Seq could be triggered like the Arp.

Is getting everything that is on to go off at once without killing the power or hitting multiple switches such a ridiculous thing to want?

To be honest, the more I use the Kross, the more it feels like a box containing several distinct machines that do not actually work particularly well together and, despite Korg's claims, it seems that it is more at home in the studio than on the road Sad

Anyone got an email for a Korg techie?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: