Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos X vs. Kronos 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevewahl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Kronos X vs. Kronos 2 Reply with quote

I have a Kronos X 61 with recent software on it (it has the Quick Split / Quick layer buttons, at least).

I have been considering getting a second kronos so that for my main "gig" at my church, I could leave one there and have the other at home most of the time, and just bring a USB thumbdrive to move sound edits (programs, combi's, playlists; maybe sequences).

If I leave the KronosX at church, and get a new Kronos 2 for home, how compatible would the PCGs and other files be between the two? Would I want to re-do the factory programs and combis to be in the same order between the two, so any playlists and combi's I create would work on both?

I realize that, unless I purchase them, some pieces will be missing (Berlin piano, sound pack) on the KronosX. Would this be hard to remember what's there and what's not?
pete.m

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't have any problems, and in fact have possibly answered most of your own questions by mentioning the thumbdrive in your second paragraph. Using one of those, you could save PCGs and other files and transfer them between your Kronos X and the Kronos 2. You can also keep those files saved on the SSD of each Kronos as well, of course.

The only differences will be the ones you mention in your last paragraph, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue. If you have sound packs on your X that you would also like on your new K2, I think it may be possible for you to ask Korg to allow you to reauthorise them on your new K2 - there are some posts about reauthorising elsewhere on the forum that it may be worth checking out.
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same thing last year. I had the original K61 and then bought the K2. In order to make them the same, so transferring programs on the USB would be no problem, I put the original K61 sounds in the K2. That's because to put the K2 sounds in the original K would cost money AND I already have combi's setup for the original layout from the last 5 years.

I copied the factory load file from the K61 and put it in the K2. Set it up to autoload. I've been using this for a year and a half with zero problems. If I want to go back to the original K2 sounds I simple set the original factory K2 sounds to autoload instead of the current one.

I also use some "user samples" so I had to copy them over as well and making sure the directories were the same.

I used to name the save file "current" which means I had to type that in every time I saved. If you don't name it, it automatically names it "newfile". Now I just let it name it and when it see's last weeks "newfile" it asks do you want to overwrite? Yes and it's done.

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
stevewahl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. Thank you both for the quick replies!
danmusician
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an original Kronos at my church and a K2 at home. I use my MacBook Pro to transfer data from one to the other using a USB-Ethernet adapter. It transfer much faster than a thumb drive if you're moving a lot of audio files.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: