Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi to arrangement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coerrace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:06 am    Post subject: Midi to arrangement Reply with quote

Hello. I want to ask if there is a way, for example, I have a melody in midi or the notation in sibelius (same melody). Is there a way that from either one of the both where the Pa4x selecting a style arrangement, for example a love style, the Pa4x takes the midi file or notation from sibelius and play the melody burn also make the arrangement. I know the P4x, of course, if you press the keys with chords in the physical keyboard works perfect and is what I want, but instead of playing physical keys, it’s possible to do from a midi file or having the notation in Sibelius from there?

Thank you
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Midi to arrangement Reply with quote

coerrace wrote:
Hello. I want to ask if there is a way, for example, I have a melody in midi or the notation in sibelius (same melody). Is there a way that from either one of the both where the Pa4x selecting a style arrangement, for example a love style, the Pa4x takes the midi file or notation from sibelius and play the melody burn also make the arrangement. I know the P4x, of course, if you press the keys with chords in the physical keyboard works perfect and is what I want, but instead of playing physical keys, it’s possible to do from a midi file or having the notation in Sibelius from there?

Thank you

You would need to export the score as midi first.

coerrace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Midi to arrangement Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
coerrace wrote:

Thank you

You would need to export the score as midi first.

Thank you
Johnmak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA,
I am gob smacked. I had no idea you could do this stuff with the Korg.
How on earth did you learn this?
Amazing.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnmak wrote:
Sam CA,
I am gob smacked. I had no idea you could do this stuff with the Korg.
How on earth did you learn this?
Amazing.

John,
Korg Keyboards are pretty good about all this. As long as you know their basic specification, you can produce that midi file anyway you like. Be it a notation software, DAW or anything that can actually generate midi. Pa keyboards are pretty flexible and quiet capable...

siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Midi to arrangement Reply with quote

coerrace wrote:
.. the Pa4x takes the midi file or notation from sibelius and play the melody burn also make the arrangement ..

Notations as source from Sibelius not directly can be imported, so according to Sam's information use file export function of Sibelius (File>Export>MIDI File) to get a Standard-MIDI-File (SMF).

SMF can be used as source for Korg PA keyboard and its SMF-tracks can be used further for melody, accompainmet, bass and drum, depending on whether data was available in source file of Sibelius (or whatever source was used).

In case only a simple melody line is available as source you get no infomations about how to burn accompainment, bass, drums ...

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've created full Styles using Sibelius. I recommend that you import that you clean up that Sibelius generated midi file in a DAW before loading it into the keyboard. You don't have to, but it's far easier to do it this way. In any case, it works like a charm. Almost all of my user song styles started in Sibelius or Finale.

BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,
I use Sibelius at the basic level for my stuffs , not using for style creation but just by curiosity, can we create drum and percussion parts for creating styles in Sibelius?
Thanks
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BR wrote:
Hi Sam,
I use Sibelius at the basic level for my stuffs , not using for style creation but just by curiosity, can we create drum and percussion parts for creating styles in Sibelius?
Thanks

Yes, you can, but I wouldn't recommend it. Unless you do a quick scoring in Sibelius for drums/Perc to just have something...and then bring the midi in your DAW and take it from there.

BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:
BR wrote:
Hi Sam,
Thanks

Yes, you can, but I wouldn't recommend it. Unless you do a quick scoring in Sibelius for drums/Perc to just have something...and then bring the midi in your DAW and take it from there.

Thanks Sam for this information.
coerrace

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: External seq Reply with quote

I’m trying to co figure in the keyboard but I don’t see the “Extern. seq” option inside the korg midi menu. I just see 1 default, 02 master kid, 03 player 1, 04 player 2, 05 accordion 1, 06 accordion 2, 07 accordion 3, 08 tablet.

Any idea
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: External seq Reply with quote

coerrace wrote:
I’m trying to co figure in the keyboard but I don’t see the “Extern. seq” option inside the korg midi menu. I just see 1 default, 02 master kid, 03 player 1, 04 player 2, 05 accordion 1, 06 accordion 2, 07 accordion 3, 08 tablet.

Any idea

What exactly you want to do again?

siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: External seq Reply with quote

coerrace wrote:
... I’m trying to co figure in the keyboard but I don’t see the “Extern. seq” option inside the korg midi menu. I just see 1 default, 02 master kid, 03 player 1, 04 player 2, 05 accordion 1, 06 accordion 2, 07 accordion 3, 08 Tablet. ....

The parameters that will be saved to a MIDI Preset are the ones shown in the table in Manual Page 886.
There it is described the Midi Preset "Player1" and "Player2" to be used in case of an external sound generator (an expander or a virtual instrument) should be driven by either Player 1 or Player 2.
If you do not find any suitable midi-setup, you can write yourself a MIDI preset with settings you prefer --> Program Channels of Midi-In and Midi-Out an write a MIDI Preset (Page 887).

Tracks you want to use for external define as EXTERNAL (or BOTH) in tracks control.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: