Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

programming my first Step Squence

View previous topic :: View next topic  
engineerjoel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: programming my first Step Squence Reply with quote

Okay, I’m trying to program my first Step Sequence

I have recalled factor program INT-A 059 “Chameleon Bass”.

Selected Tabs: Exi-1 --> Step Seq/LFO --> Step Sequencer.

I randomly changed the Value of each of the 32 steps.
I press a key on the keyboard, but the sequence does not run.

Question: what parameter do I need to turn-on that makes the sequence run when I play a note on the keyboard?
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The common step sequencer can be assigned to control many different things. Have you assigned it as an AMS source for one of the synth parameters? I assume you’re probably looking for it to modulate the pitch of one or more oscillators.
engineerjoel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, let me rephrase....

If you refer to factory program INT-058 "Kyrie" , there is bass step-sequence happening at lower end of the keyboard. The step-sequence starts as soon as you play a note.

If I want to temporarily stop the bass step-sequence and want to play the riff manually, how do I stop the step-sequence from firing-off when I play a note?
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On INT-A 058: Kyrie, the sound designer has already set this up for you. Just disengage SW1 and the step sequencer will no longer have any effect on the notes and you can play them manually.

To see how they set this up, so that you could build a similar patch, start by looking at EXi 1's AMS mixers. They are both set up in gate mode and so that enabling SW1 lets their inputs through, while disabling SW1 blocks their inputs.

AMS 1's output, when ungated, is the step sequencer which is assigned to the pitch of both oscillators (Pitch EG/Mod tab). AMS 2's output (when ungated) is a tempo synced square wave from LFO3, which resets the amp envelope gate (Amp Driver/AMP EG).

So when SW1 is engaged, both of these signals are allowed through to their destinations which give both a pitch and a 1/16th note gating effect. When SW1 is disengaged, both AMS mixers output a value of 0, so have no effect on either the pitch or the amp envelope reset.

Just to be clear I don't think the step sequencer really has a start/stop control. It is always running, and all you can do is reset its position, or control if (or how much of) it's output is affecting a parameter. So you can do what you're looking to do here, of course, but the paradigm for making it happen is a little different than what you might think.
engineerjoel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you Lightbringer. I'll give it try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: