Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patrches and Sounds from Korg and other sources

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpowell01

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject: Patrches and Sounds from Korg and other sources Reply with quote

I use to play during the Worship Service at my other church I use to go to. I've been at my current church for 2 years and believe me they need a good synth player with strings. They have a good pianist and a synth player but they need somebody to do a lot of leads and strings on synth.

Anyway I have my Korg Kronos X 88 key and I was thinking I would love to get another Korg Kronos X and use it at the church and keep my current one at home.

My question is if I have two Korg Konos's would I need to purchase patches and sounds twice or will Korg and others give us extra keys for this purpose. So will KaPro, Irish Acts give me extra set of keys if I request them for my second Kronos that is registered on Korg Sounds on the same account?

How does this work? I don't believe a person should pay twice for using the same patches on his own Kronos synths. I need to do this so I can setup what sounds/patches I am going to use during the worship service...

Thanks in Advance...

Nothing beats a Kronos from all the synth's I've tested...
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to say you will have to purchase them at full price again. I have just had to purchase a Kapro library for my second "travelling" Kronos after having paid for it on my home Kronos. With my exchange rate at the moment, it has cost me almost $600 twice!

That really hurts! I was close to looking at a shiny new VST instead, but that came with it's own set of drawbacks.
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg won't help you out with this, but the "other" company might...try getting in touch directly with the company whose name is on the library, and see if they can arrange for you to authorize it on a second Kronos...believe it or not, one company actually did this for me...

df
rpowell01

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that is a shame and SHAME ON YOUR KORG!!! I cannot believe you are doing this and charging people TWICE for SOUNDS for having two Kronos on the SAME ACCOUNT!!!

Well I just seen the Yamaha Montage and well to be honest that thing appears to make the Kronos look like a toy!!! Guess I will do my homework now, but the way it looks Korg is actually ripping people off with these sounds/patches charging them TWICE on the same account!!! I'm not down with that and never will be.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpowell01 wrote:
Well that is a shame and SHAME ON YOUR KORG!!! I cannot believe you are doing this and charging people TWICE for SOUNDS for having two Kronos on the SAME ACCOUNT!!!

Well I just seen the Yamaha Montage and well to be honest that thing appears to make the Kronos look like a toy!!! Guess I will do my homework now, but the way it looks Korg is actually ripping people off with these sounds/patches charging them TWICE on the same account!!! I'm not down with that and never will be.

I undesstand your anger. But, the Kronos a toy ????? Well, I don't believe you will find here anyone who could say its Kronos is a toy !!
Anyway, I absolutely agree with you : the Korg sounds banks policy is a real shame. 300, 400 $ one time and another 400 $ a second time for a second Kronos.
A friend above has advised you to directly contact the third party sounds creator and negociate. That would be wothwhile to try.

There is another way, which would take some time to operate : suppose you find a very good string sound in Kronos at home you want to transfer to your other Kronos. Why not sample it, sample by sample, and create your own Progs. You won't loose in quality. It is true you will have to spend some time to do it but not so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: