Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sampling Recording level stays dead.How to fix this problem?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
P-ART

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject: Sampling Recording level stays dead.How to fix this problem? Reply with quote

I use KORG KRONOS (OS3.1).
HOW TO SAMPLE on KRONOS? PROBLEM
The sampling manual or any video film on Youtube about sampling cannot help me. Therefore this simple question at first sight: HOW TO SAMPLE on KRONOS?
Please Follow my pad of using sampling page on Kronos, to find the problem and the solution.

I press the sampling button. SAMPLING PO-RECORDING PAGE APPEARS.
Audio input / Sampling (= in this case: an other keyboard) input levels 1 + 2 (stereo) are active.
Source Bus Sampling Setup L / R
Control surface 127.
The problem appears now:
the sampling Recording level (dB) doesn't show any movement even if I raise the slider (0,0) to maximum level.
Of course: I press Sample Start and Sample Stop. The sample counts 947 k RAM but is empty, without any sound.

Note: I don't have problems to prepare the multisample page.

PLAYING AND SAMPLING THE KRONOS KEYBOARD
The same problem appears with RE-sampling the Kronos keyboard:
I want to sample while playing live on the Kronos keyboard using a Kronos Combination soundset, and I like to make individual samples of specific chords or arpeggios on the Kronos keyboard to attribute to specific keys on the Kronos keyboard.
Same problem. PLAYING KRONOS KEYBOARD = No sound. Of course, Recording level = no movement. So, even on this way it's impossible to make the sampling recording level alive. WHY ISN'T POSSIBLE?

What do I have to change or adjust to get a dynamic recording level in the Sampling Page?
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try the sample page dropdown menu from top right screen?
The “auto sampling setup” if i recall correctly.

I use “Auto sampling setup” to setup. Then i can go in and change parts of the auto setup to suit my custom needs.

You set “source bus” to L/R, but for sound to come out, you need to set
“Bus select(IFX indiv.)” to L/R.
“Bus select(IFX indiv)” decides where sound will be output after sampling has taken sound in.
You are taking sound in from another keyboard via inputs 1&2. That is your source Bus, not L/R. Source Bus needs to be set to “Audio inputs 1/2” when you want to record from the other keyboard via audio inputs.

When you want to record an internal Kronos Combi, set Source Bus to L/R.

But either way your source bus is set, you need to go to the audio input mixer page and set up “Bus select(IFX Indv.)”. That is where your sound is going to come out for you to hear it. Set that to L/R so you can hear it from headphones or left right mains speakers/monitors.

Use Auto sampling setup command from the drop down menu and select for recording audio input 1&2, then when you are ready to record resample from combi as source, change source bus to L/R instead of audio inputs 1/2.

https://youtu.be/gaRY7SvVTZU
At 5:50 mark of the video, it shows how to use auto sampling setup.

I think all you are missing is the “Bus select(IFX indiv.)” to be set to L/R and then set Source Bus to audio input. One Buses sound out to hear during and after recording and the other buses sound in as a source to record.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Sampling Recording level stays dead.How to fix this prob Reply with quote

P-ART wrote:

the sampling Recording level (dB) doesn't show any movement even if I raise the slider (0,0) to maximum level.

Press the SAMPLING REC button. This will activate the level meters. Press START/STOP when you are ready.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: