Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

joystick direction change

View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuelljames68

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:06 am    Post subject: joystick direction change Reply with quote

I just bought my Kronos 2 73 I play a lot of organ, I was wondering is there a way I can change the joystick, that control the Leslie, from up and down to left and right?
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably buried in AMS somewhere.

What Leslie or “Rotary Speaker” parameter is it controlling?
“Wheel brake ” ? Wheel brake has on/off or speed controlled via AMS options.

Rotary speaker page has a few AMS optioned parameters.

“Basic” tab page and then sub page “controllers” for CX-3 program, has “Wheel Brake” AMS option.

Go through all the pages that deal with Leslie setup and parameters. Then search around all the AMS settings to see which Parameters are using JS-Y or JS+Y as settings. Those are the ones you want to change to JS-
X settings for left to right function of JS over those parameters.

AMS takes some searching if you don’t already know which parameter they are Assigned to. At least you have narrowed the search down to Leslie related parameters.

Not my Synth engine of choice and i never go into its programing.
Maybe someone else can come in with a better answer if i am wrong or not direct to the solution.
It is all i can come up with and can’t help any further if this does not help you find your solution.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: joystick direction change Reply with quote

samuelljames68 wrote:
I just bought my Kronos 2 73 I play a lot of organ, I was wondering is there a way I can change the joystick, that control the Leslie, from up and down to left and right?

Hello,

Yes. We suppose you are using a EXi CX-3 Program. Go to page 7-2 (Amp/VC/Rotary SP/ Rotary Speaker.
In Mode/Speed part, you'll see "Speed SW parameter". Basically, AMS it is set to +Y. Change it to +X or -X, as you want.
That'all !

There's anotther thing you can do : you can attrib +Y parameter to the Footswitch. It's very convenient because you don't have to use your left hand to toggle the rotary speed slow/fast. You can do that in Global Mode/Page 2-1 Controller/Scales/Footswitch Assign.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: joystick direction change Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:

There's anotther thing you can do : you can attrib +Y parameter to the Footswitch. It's very convenient because you don't have to use your left hand to toggle the rotary speed slow/fast. You can do that in Global Mode/Page 2-1 Controller/Scales/Footswitch Assign.

I use to play a B3 and even with that I used a foot switch to control Leslie speed.

I agree- an expression pedal for the Kronos is preferable to using the LH for
rotary control. Plus slapping the plastic joystick around aggressively all the time is not such a great idea IMO.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: joystick direction change Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Plus slapping the plastic joystick around aggressively all the time is not such a great idea IMO.

I do agree ! Since I had to repare this joystick (after only 1,5 year !) I must say even though it is well thought and done, it remains fragile (particulary the two potentiometers).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: