Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

K&M 18810 stand with Kronos 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flabis66

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: K&M 18810 stand with Kronos 2 Reply with quote

Quick question. I just received my Kronos and a K&M stand 18810 Smile Smile Smile

I'm mounting the stand. In which legs holes do i have to fix the support so the keys are at the same heigh than an acoustic piano? I don't want to install everything and then realise that it's too heigh or too low.

thx
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard piano key height is probably around 725mm (28" to 29") above ground. Hopefully your Kronos is now out of the box :-) If so, measure the distance from the tops of the keys to the base of the Kronos. Subtract that from 725mm, and set the height of the stand's base supports above the floor to this figure.

There again, there is no such thing as a standard piano player. The height of the stool will probably be just as important, but that should be set to best suit the individual and their playing style. For rock 'n roll, standing up may be quite agreeable.

"Fine" adjustments can be made once the Kronos is in place, made easier if there is someone to support its weight whilst the stand height is adjusted.
Flabis66

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kronos is still in the box, too heavy for me to unbox it alone and bring it to the first floor (I think, but i can try), my husband is coming back in 1 hour to help me. So i can't measure it now.

But if you say that we can easily change the heigh after, i can continue to assemble the stand and accessories. Thank you.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The instructions supplied with the K&M 18810 stand argue against adjusting the stand whilst it is loaded, but it is possible, provided all the weight is taken off the stand foot that is being adjusted, and allowing it to move up and down without any weight on it, hence the need for a helper. Just make sure the locking knob is in place and screwed in before lowering that end of the stand, then repeat for the other end.
Flabis66

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case of someone else search this info,

I put the screw randomly in the third hole (from bottom) and hopefully it's at the perfect height Smile
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mine right at the bottom, as I like the keyboard to be a bit lower than standard. I like that the Kronos RH3 is one of the few weighted boards with a very shallow keybed height from the bottom of the case. Most other boards I find are much "thicker" vertically and I often can't get even standard piano height with the stands on minimum.
I think 3 holes up may be too high. Yes, if you're careful you can lower it with the Kronos on top, but only do one hole level at a time alternating sides.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: