Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dual mono inputs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcer10

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Dual mono inputs? Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone has used the inputs independently for different mono instruments? I was wanting to run a subsequent 37 and a minitaur into the inputs at the same time (they are both mono) and run different fix on each to produce a mixed stereo output post fx. I’m guessing if it is possible at all I’d have to use a combo with 2 different programs to host the 2 different fx chains? Can the left and right inputs be separated and used this way?
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Dual mono inputs? Reply with quote

dcer10 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has used the inputs independently for different mono instruments? I was wanting to run a subsequent 37 and a minitaur into the inputs at the same time (they are both mono) and run different fix on each to produce a mixed stereo output post fx. I’m guessing if it is possible at all I’d have to use a combo with 2 different programs to host the 2 different fx chains? Can the left and right inputs be separated and used this way?

Of course, you can run two mono ins. Just set the pan to center.

You can run them directly into IFX. Your 37 can route to IFX 6, while your minitaur goes to IFX 10, for example. Adjust the DRY/WET amount of the effect to your taste. You don't need a program to host, just assign them right to the effects.

I run my Behringer D to mono in, on my OASYS. I have quite a few things routed to the OASYS and Kronos, so I use mono ins for my D and for my microphone.
dcer10

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be missing something... What I want to do is have 2 programs, one which has a whole IFT chain for the left input, and another program that has another whole IFX chain for the right input. By having a combi I can have 2 whole IFX chains running at the same time on the inputs, but I can't work out a way to route the input of each channel to each program. I can get both inputs to pan centre and send them to the same shared IFX chain in a single program, but thats not really what I'm looking for. Where do you set the input to L or R for a specific program to route the individual inputs to the IFX?
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcer10 wrote:
I must be missing something... What I want to do is have 2 programs, one which has a whole IFT chain for the left input, and another program that has another whole IFX chain for the right input

Which is what I already described. You do that by routing that input to a particular IFX, not programs. You can have separate groups of IFX for each of those inputs. But, you are always using the same 12 IFX for whatever mode you are in. Your separate chains are subsets in that group. You can not have two groups of 12 IFX.

Don't think of "programs," but rather the Kronos as an FX mixer. You can route to any IFX that you like, and that IFX can bus out to L,R, L/R, Outputs 1,2,3,4. So, you could even bus one synth out to outputs 1/2 (via IFX bus select on the IFX page), and the second synth to outputs 3/4. Each with their own FX chain. But by "chain," I mean two, three, or four effects taken from the total group of 12 IFX.

Notice that I don't include the MFX, as those are more global based. IFX can have their own outputs, hence the ability to separate them from each other.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: