Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe 2 with Volcas Midi Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korgan Grinder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Electribe 2 with Volcas Midi Problem Reply with quote

Hi All,

Apologies if this has already been covered elsewhere but life is too short and I think I have pulled what little hair I have left - out!

I've had an Electribe 2 for some time and was just starting out on a little project to use it as a controller and add to it, by the way of Volcas and some guitar pedals etc all in a little flight case after being inspired by some cool videos online.

I have bought a Volca Keys and can I get it to sync via midi with the Electribe? - Nope!

I have done the following:

- Used the midi adaptor supplied with electribe - in the midi out of the electribe

- Connected a midi lead to that adaptor and then put the other end into the 'midi in' on the Volca Keys

- Set the Midi channel to 16 on the Volca and then selected 16 on the Electribe

- Set the clock on the electribe to internal and also tried auto

- Adjusted the clock on the Volca to Auto

- Tried both playing a sequence that I threw into the Electribe and also in Keyboard mode to see if it would trigger the Volca

Nothing!

I'm starting to feel that these units are a bit crappy

What to do folks? - any help would be much appreciated before I take this back to the shop!
slug

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your connections sound fine, have you checked that you aren't filtering the MIDI output in the Electribe settings.

Alternatively confirm your fault by either trying to use the Electribe to sequence some other bit of gear you have, or trigger the Volca from another MIDI source to test function.
Korgan Grinder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Slug

Thanks for your reply.

I'm pretty sure the filtering is all OK as I tried all different combos and nothing changed.

I don't have any other kit at the mo - this is all a new idea.

I'm going to try with a different Midi lead tonight and see if that changes anything.

Many thanks
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, I think you could change tack and just sequence the Volca from the Electribe. Never mind sync; if the Volca responds to external commands, it should be fine.

That's what I do, anyway. (OK, with a Krome, not an Electribe, but the principle should remain the same.)
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you turned on "short messages" in the Volca so it responds to MIDI CC's?
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Korgan Grinder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koekepan wrote:
Of course, I think you could change tack and just sequence the Volca from the Electribe. Never mind sync; if the Volca responds to external commands, it should be fine.

That's what I do, anyway. (OK, with a Krome, not an Electribe, but the principle should remain the same.)

Thanks Koekepan - yeah I am sequencing from Electribe - well I am now anyway, fixed it. So the plan to throw in the towel and take it back to the shop and forget about this stupid idea has subsided once more. Stupidly I changed/double-checked some settings AND changed the old midi lead so not sure what it was exactly.

Lesson learnt!
Korgan Grinder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

megamarkd wrote:
Have you turned on "short messages" in the Volca so it responds to MIDI CC's?

Thanks megamarkd - yes - think that was key '6'!

All good now - until the next hiccup.

Not as straight fwd as I though this game, lot of little things to remember to bring it all together.

Thanks again
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome. That little setting can cause so much pain and it's so easy to over look!
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: