Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Legacy Software and Licence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nkslegacy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Legacy Software and Licence Reply with quote

Help Please.

I have had a Korg Legacy collection pack (Hardware and Software) for years.
I am looking to sell it but I thought I had best test first.

It seems as the system was designed for Windows XP the software is not loading on windows 10.

Is their a fix and can the licence be transferred?
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest not trying to sell it at all, or simply sell the hardware controller.

The Korg Legacy Collection has gone through a number of product iterations since the original KLC and controller. Your potential buyer would have an extremely difficult time trying to obtain a version that works on Windows 10

The website link below is the OLD method of updating and authorizing the software.
https://www.korguser.net

If you can access your old account on KorgUser.net, you should be able to upgrade to the most current "Korg Collection for Mac/Win" for $49.99 with an upgrade coupon a person obtains via KorgUser.net.

The most current version of the product "KORG Collection for Mac/Win" is now hosted and accessed through the KORG SHOP via a "Korg ID"
https://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_collection/

The newest version runs on Win 6 64-bit or later or Mac OS X 1.0.10 Yosemite or later.

You MIGHT be able to get the controller itself to work by downloading and installing the latest Korg USB-MIDI Driver
https://www.korg.com/tmp/support/download/index.php/product/1/285/?country=us&page=product&prodtype=1&prodid=285

Korg USA Product support -- https://www.korgusa.com/contactus (For fastest service I would suggest calling them on the phone)

Outside the U.S. contact your Korg Country Distributor -- https://www.korg.com/us/corporate/distributors/
future-retro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ´m struggling with that coupon thingie. All my 6 devices from the KLC are registered, but the site still gives me a "sorry no upgrade coupon for you" message.

And of course there is no "contact support" or help button either.

What can I do to get to the current version? I already created the new account in the new shop, but without the coupon I can´t upgrade for the 49 USD.
future-retro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaaand... never post questions in a forum too quickly.

After logging out of the old website and logging in again, the coupons were there.

So I went for the ARP Odyssey at 49,- but nobody told me I would need a separate computer to actually run that thing. Core i7-6850K, 6 cores, 96 GB RAM and a few notes bring the Ableton usage meter to 2xx%.

Is that for real?
rh2y

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I just got mine upgraded. It was a little tricky -- you have to "buy" each module separately, and only one per shopping cart.

I don't see LegacyCell though. Just PolySix, MS-20, Wavestation, and MDE-X.

Haven't installed them yet, just finished getting the downloads. Anyway, thought I'd post that in case it helps someone. One the coupon page on Korguser.net, select and copy the coupon code, then click on the link right below the coupon code to take you directly to the page to buy that one individual component, apply the coupon code, and check out. One at a time. Each "purchase" appears to need to be an individual transaction; you can't just add them all to your cart and then check out.
pranaearth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too, have the original Legacy+ hardware MS20. Though I don’t often use it, I’m never gonna get rid of that thing!, lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: