Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg pa1000 vs Roland E-A7
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaximK777

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject: Korg pa1000 vs Roland E-A7 Reply with quote

Hello! Please tell me, the owners of Korg pa700 and Korg pa1000 - why did you choose Korg, but not Roland E-A7? Thank you! I myself am now choosing between Korg pa1000 and Roland E-A7. The sound of Korg is very like, but I'm afraid of problems with the touch screen of Korg and its other damage.
Mitzie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFR3bPHnxcI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUPfz2qgTyE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDWTVgWocQs&t=323s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cSKzI8_zTk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLei5Lp-k-I&t=447s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrmJsX0MIMg&t=75s
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an EA7 for a month and decided to return it and keep my Korg.
It does have some good, although dated, sounds. I like the wide variety of styles.
It does not display text files. It does not have vocal harmony. It does not have a usable break/fill. I had a little trouble seeing the two small screens.
Because of all this, I decided switching was too much trouble, especially since I love both my Korgs, PA1000 and PA4X.
Only you can decide what is best for your own needs.

Last edited by DonM on Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Mitzie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EA7--roland-e-a7-61-key-arranger-keyboard/reviews

The EA7 and Roland arrangers in general are the only arrangers to show chords playing SMFs both the current and next chord to be played -Important in learning new songs
BillTracy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg pa1000 vs Roland E-A7 Reply with quote

MaximK777 wrote:
Hello! Please tell me, the owners of Korg pa700 and Korg pa1000 - why did you choose Korg, but not Roland E-A7? Thank you! I myself am now choosing between Korg pa1000 and Roland E-A7. The sound of Korg is very like, but I'm afraid of problems with the touch screen of Korg and its other damage.

Between the 700 and the E-A7 I would pick the Roland, mostly because it is easier to use and boots quicker. I really like the Roland makeup tools and I thought the E-A7 mic preamp was better than the PA900 I have now. E-A7 also has 7 switches if you use those. If you need the vocal harmony, I would say go with the PA1000. You can't beat the ease of use of the built-in as opposed to using an external unit.
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not just the low audio quality of these particular YouTube videos (which doesn't help), but I just don't like the sound of this Roland at all.
It sounds too artificial to me. I personally prefer the Korg PA1000, but of course, you're at Korgforums here....

EDIT:

A few years ago, Roland had one of the best arrangers ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seo7_VbRaqU

or for instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnX-sLMN0_g

Play in style. Wink
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasr year just after the 700 was announced I walked into the music store to see when they would get a demo 700 in stock only for them to have one and after playing it in direct competition with a Yamaha 770 it was no contest and I walked out with the 700.

Quite an impulse buy.

Never had chance to check out the Roland and they were just not in stock nearby.

Over a year later, zero problems, zero issues with the touch screen.

Only one wish, that the screen was tiltable.

Buy one with confidence.
BillTracy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
Lasr year just after the 700 was announced I walked into the music store to see when they would get a demo 700 in stock only for them to have one and after playing it in direct competition with a Yamaha 770 it was no contest and I walked out with the 700.

Quite an impulse buy.

Never had chance to check out the Roland and they were just not in stock nearby.

Over a year later, zero problems, zero issues with the touch screen.

Only one wish, that the screen was tiltable.

Buy one with confidence.

A couple downsides to the Roland. The screens are small and non-tiltable. The Korg songbook blows away the E-A7 version which only saves 100 songs. Also, lack of touchscreen makes data entry more difficult.
diegodure

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a PA3X LE, I had the opportunity to test, and reject without any doubt the EA7, which I could even compare to the pair of an older Roland, the E80, and the E80 sounded spectacularly beautiful, far superior to the EA7, honestly, not I felt for the sound a keyboard that is at the level of the PA700, which I have now, besides that to my taste in particular is a horrible model, where is that elegance in the designs of Roland type G70, E80? If it is necessary to admit that it has a good panel, several assignable ones, it is the first Arranger of Roland that sampled, but those two primitive screens, distant from the VA, G70 and E80 are worth for a brand at least for me, it no longer competes in Arranger market, they have derailed completely. On the other hand, if you are going to compare it, its range would be against the PA700 and not PA1000, and comparing it with the PA700, I can assure you that the PA700 in sound, features and handling, the total freedom of editing, is something that neither I would doubt If you want to add another arranger look at the Yamaha PSR S, but forget about Roland, and sentencing to finish, the EA7 is horrible before my eyes, has no video output, too many buttons that could have been minimized, even the faders are ridiculously large, that for the space, they could have put the 8 basics. Well, I prologue too much, advice, do not look at Roland's arranger until they return to their roots.
I sincerely loved the Roland G70, E80, but after those models, Roland does not stop disappointing me.
MaximK777

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello! Thank you very much to everyone who writes here! I read everything! Thank You! I was just afraid of a certain amount of damage the touch screen in the Korg па1000. But most likely I will take pa1000, or pa700 oriental.
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you sing and like to use harmony, forget the Roland.
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually bought another EA7 yesterday.
It does have a lot going for it, but it is totally different from the Korgs.
It has a lot of good styles for the type music I do. Basic sounds I use are guitars, saxes, organs, fiddle, some horns...there are some quite good ones in each category.
I will give it a good tryout as my backup keyboard, and one that I can use for small, quick jobs. It is necessary to use external vocal harmonizer and test display, but I already have those tools in place, with my laptop and T.C. Helicon Harmony M.
I think nothing will replace my beloved PA4X, at least until the new model comes out! I also have the PA1000, so I have two at work and one at home.
I often play in two different rooms, sometimes even on the same night, as I did tonight. PA4X in the club room with two LD System Maui 5 speakers; PA1000 in the main Dining Room with two Lucas Nano 300 speakers.
I will work with the Roland at home, taking all the time necessary to try to get the most out of it. We'll see if it works itself into the lineup eventually.
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, Don. Hope you're well - sounds like you are:), working steady and all.

Just to sidetrack a moment, which is your favourite between the Maui and the Lucas Nano systems? Any advantages/disadvantages with either one?

Best regards, Giner
MaximK777

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonM wrote:
I actually bought another EA7 yesterday.
It does have a lot going for it, but it is totally different from the Korgs.
It has a lot of good styles for the type music I do. Basic sounds I use are guitars, saxes, organs, fiddle, some horns...there are some quite good ones in each category.
I will give it a good tryout as my backup keyboard, and one that I can use for small, quick jobs. It is necessary to use external vocal harmonizer and test display, but I already have those tools in place, with my laptop and T.C. Helicon Harmony M.
I think nothing will replace my beloved PA4X, at least until the new model comes out! I also have the PA1000, so I have two at work and one at home.
I often play in two different rooms, sometimes even on the same night, as I did tonight. PA4X in the club room with two LD System Maui 5 speakers; PA1000 in the main Dining Room with two Lucas Nano 300 speakers.
I will work with the Roland at home, taking all the time necessary to try to get the most out of it. We'll see if it works itself into the lineup eventually.
DonM - Hello! Please tell me - do you record your musical works with Korg pa1000 on a USB flash drive? If you write music to a USB recording device without connecting a computer and a sound card - tell me - do you get good sound quality? I have heard many times that the sound quality recorded on a USB flash drive is poor, it is not at all the same sound as in its speakers. Thank you!
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giner wrote:
Hi there, Don. Hope you're well - sounds like you are:), working steady and all.

Just to sidetrack a moment, which is your favourite between the Maui and the Lucas Nano systems? Any advantages/disadvantages with either one?

Best regards, Giner

Hello my friend! Yes I'm doing pretty well. Had a long day yesterday. I played for a function in the dining room at five, then moved to the club room about 8 and played til 10. It is almost essential that I have two complete setups.
The Maui 5's are stronger, more versatile, sound better and cover the room better, being line array systems.
I'm thinking seriously about getting two more.
Nothing wrong at all with the Nano 300s. They are extremely versatile and you can get stereo from one. I do use two almost all the time though.
Being traditional speakers, they are more directional and are louder the closer you get to them, where the Mauis sound almost equallyl as loud at the back of the room as they do near them.
No wrong choice, but they are different in design and function.
If I chose between the two systems, no doubt I'd go with the Mauis.
I previously had Bose Compacts, but the Mauis have better bass, more inputs, controls, e.q., even Bluetooth. And they are about half the price of the Bose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: