Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sync 2 SQ-1s Together

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikey S

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Sync 2 SQ-1s Together Reply with quote

I'm thinking of buying a 2nd SQ-1 sequencer, and am wondering whether I can sync them together at different rates, for instance by setting one globally for 1/4 notes, and the other for 1/16 notes. Will they sync at different rates, or will they default to the rate of one or the other?
slug

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the same input sync and select different output resolutions for each unit in the global settings.
Mikey S

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. When I sync from an external source to my SQ-1, the note type cannot be changed. Always at 1/16 note, if I remember correctly, but maybe it's 1/8 note.. Have you actually hooked two SQ-1s up in this way? I'm just trying to avoid buying and then returning one!
Mikey S

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK....just found this:

How step resolution behaves:
The above tester also looked at how the sequencer step resolution behaves when you change the global parameter settings.
A/B, A->B, parallel reversing direction (1-3). The SQ-1 responds to external clock. But its sync out will change as you change modes – 4x, 2x, 1x – so it acts as a clock divider.
Parallel, CV DUTY, CV DUTY RANDOM, CV DUTY RANDOM, CV SLIDE (4-Cool. In these modes, the SQ-1 clocks at half tempo to an external source. Here again, sync out from the SQ-1 changes at 4x, 2x, 1x.
In modes 7 or 8, there’s another twist. As KORG tells us: “When you save the Global parameter, SEQUENCER MODE should be set to Mode 7 or 8 If you don’t want to change the STEP resolution.” (Chris had assumed modes 7 or 8 didn’t work.)

Looks like the sync out of the first SQ-1 will run the second one at any of three different speeds, if I read this correctly. Guess I'll give it a try. Really too bad that the documentation/manual for this is so skimpy!
slug

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i agree the globals are a mess and Korg should have printed them on the unit, I find it virtually impossible to remember what each of the global LEDs represent without consulting the manual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sequencers / Audio recording packages. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: