Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos and StudioLogic VFP1-25 -- Damper Pedal Not Working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
snikwad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:56 am    Post subject: Kronos and StudioLogic VFP1-25 -- Damper Pedal Not Working Reply with quote

I've searched as best I can for the answer to this issue, apologies in advance if this posting is in error!

==

So I left rehearsal in a RUSH earlier today and ended up leaving my main damper pedal (Korg DS1H) at the rehearsal space, brain fart!

Here at home I've got extra damper pedals, two StudioLogic VFP1-25's .. with the assignable polarity -- these pedals work fine with my Roland A90 controller. So yeah, I hooked these pedals up and they are not working .. no matter what I try, there is no sustain effect on the Kronos.

Looking around, yes I see there are some known issues with damper pedals not working with the Kronos -- if that ends up being the case here with THIS pedal, then that's fine.

So, I've made sure that YES the VFP1-25 pedal is plugged into the correct jack on the back of the Kronos, the damper jack. Also, I've played with the Damper Polarity setting in the Kronos itself, tried it on both (+) and (-) Korg Standard settings; Yes, I remembered to SAVE the new global setting each time so that it would take effect. In each test, I also flipped the switch on the VFP1-25 pedal itself to switch the polarity on the pedal. No luck in any of these cases, basically the Kronos behaves as if no pedal is plugged into it.

I know my Korg DS1H pedal is a half-damper pedal where the VFP1-25 is not, i.e. different connector. So yes, the VFP1-25 does NOT have a TRS plug on the end, where the Korg DS1H does have a TRS connector. However, my understanding is that the Kronos can be made to work with a standard non-half damper pedal .. my question is how?

Note: I've seen a couple places online that people have talked about "disabling half-damper mode" on the Kronos to get this type situation resolved, but I can't find where to do that, if it's possible?

I've been all over the Global P2:Controllers page and also on the Global P0:Basic Setup page .. in basic setup I can see where you can 'calibrate' half-damper but nowhere that you can 'enable/disable' half-damper.

Anyway, any ideas on *if* this pedal can be made to work with the Kronos, and *how*?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: