Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comparing Kross 2 w/ Yamaha MODX61

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moontom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Comparing Kross 2 w/ Yamaha MODX61 Reply with quote

Yesterday I had the chance to play both back to back at a friends house -- my Kross 2 his MODX.

we both really liked the MODX navigation/touch screen and many of the sounds are clearly superior. just beautifully thick and easy to assemble into something gargantuan.

but we were both surprised by the old-school ease of use of the Kross, particularly for drum tracks, beatmaking and arps. these were way more musical on the korg.....found nice grooves in various combis and was able to switch the kits or add perc arps easily -- and with more musical results.

obviously the MODX is newer and way more expensive and really should be the winner all the way around. I arrived thinking that I wanted one but by the end I was super happy w/ the kross all over again.

I'd be curious to hear other impressions.....
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on your needs, I guess. I've never used drum tracks, beatmaking or arps, though I know Kross also has advantages in its sequencer and MIDI capabilities. But I'd take the MODX over the Kross for its acoustic instrument sounds, better feeling action, seamless sound transitions, FM synthesizer, custom sample loading, greater number of real-time controllers, screen/interface, and availability of a light 76-key version. But as you say, it's also more expensive.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well one a Korg the other is a Yamahaha.

If you are brain dead you buy the Yamaha and all the cr4p that goes with owning a Yamaha.

I had one once and never ever again

Korg rules
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the years, I've owned far more Korgs than Yamahas, but I like both, and in recent years, have used the Yamahas more. The MODX is very nice. It's much closer to their higher end Montage than the Krome is to the Kronos.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: do not be disrespectful here Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
Well one a Korg the other is a Yamahaha.
If you are brain dead you buy the Yamaha and all the cr4p that goes with owning a Yamaha. I had one once and never ever again

If your brain sometimes is turned on you should accept, there are also some that use more than one brands like Korg, Yamaha, Roland, Casio, Wersi etc, without fixation to one particular brand and without being "brain dead".

Therefore I reject this property - you are allowed to keep it for yourself, but don't use them in this forum, because that's a disrespectful, misanthropic term for many people inside and outside this forum.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
KalvinB

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used various Yamaha keyboards over the past 15 years and never had a problem with them. In my opinion the "Bread and Butter sounds" (acoustic pianos, electric pianos, and organs) on even the oldest of my Yamahas (Motif) are much better than the ones on my Korg Kross 2. I like the MODX very much but can't justify buying one since I already have too many keyboards!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: