Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Omnichord

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeddy 3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Omnichord Reply with quote

Hey People,

If you know of this instrument (Omnichord) and can suggest a decent replication of it on the Kronos, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance,

Jeddy 3
NETWORK1
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very CUTE !

CharlesFerraro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Omnichord Reply with quote

Thanks for the demo vid, network.

jeddy 3 wrote:
Hey People,

If you know of this instrument (Omnichord) and can suggest a decent replication of it on the Kronos, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks in advance,

Jeddy 3

When you say suggest, you mean suggest a preset? Some of the guitars will have KARMA setup in such a way where you can strum with the ribbon controller.
As for one button chords you're mostly out of luck. You have the eight chord pads which wouldn't be enough. You can double your pad count with the KK software. Or seek an external controller with some chord store/trigger function. Naturally you can input whatever chord you want with the keyboard.
The sound itself is basic enough. AL-1 could handle the job.

So yes the Kronos can do ribbon strumming with KARMA and replicate the Omnichord timbre as well as buffer chords via pads. As far as I know there isn't a preset that mimics the Omnichord but it would be moderately easy to make.
mikelees

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Interesting video! The closest you can get to that kind of chord control with Kronos would be the 8 chord pads driven by either the pad screen on Kronos, or a Korg Nanopad2. This gives you 8 X 8-note chords controlled by the top 8 pads on the screen or the Nanopad2, which should be enough for 1 or 2 keys (minor / major / 7th etc.). The sound is pretty simple, so HD1, AL1 or PolySix engines could all get you pretty close.

In addition, you can program the lower 8 pads on the Nanopad2 with 4-note chords using the Korg Nano Control software, which would give you a further 8 chords (or a further 32 chords but only 8 at a time if you use the 4 scenes on Nanopad). I use Nanopad2 like this with the 8 lower pads in toggle mode giving open drone chords (root+fifth) in the 8 most common keys I use.

The Omnichord is really a representation of the Stradella bass / chord system found on accordions. You could use a midi accordion to Kronos to get this exact type of control, but that would be way more expensive than just getting an Omnichord, since they seem to go for not much money on eBay. I play a Roland MIDI accordion, but I haven't ever got as far as connecting MIDI to Kronos - would be interesting though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: