Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with Korg Kronos Display Version 1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newkronosbr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Problems with Korg Kronos Display Version 1 Reply with quote

Hello!

My name is Alan Rocha, I'm from Brazil, and I just bought a Korg Kronos version 1, it happens that it is showing some defects in the display, there is a red spot that is changing the colors of the other buttons, and not only that Also, some screen items are disappearing. So, I would like the help of you my friends, because I do not know what it is anymore, if someone from the forum can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

I would love to know if anyone here in the forum had this problem, I really want to know how did you correct it?

Big hug to all![/b]
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Alan

Welcome to the forums (wish you had better news!!!)
I have the original KK but never this issue - there may be others but if you can return it and get your money back, I would - else you could work through a good Korg retailer and or service centre - they may at least give you some indication of the issue.

So sorry you have this problem - sincerely hope you get a fast resolution

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with Korg Kronos Display Version 1 Reply with quote

newkronosbr wrote:
Hello!

My name is Alan Rocha, I'm from Brazil, and I just bought a Korg Kronos version 1, it happens that it is showing some defects in the display, there is a red spot that is changing the colors of the other buttons, and not only that Also, some screen items are disappearing. So, I would like the help of you my friends, because I do not know what it is anymore, if someone from the forum can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

I would love to know if anyone here in the forum had this problem, I really want to know how did you correct it?

Big hug to all![/b]

Hi Alan, it appears you bought this used from a private party- who also had the same headache with your Kronos.

If you can't circle back to him, you will need to find the country distributor in your country- assuming the original new sale took place in Brazil.

If not in your country, get to your selling party for a copy of the original sales receipt. The reason for this research is to find a proper way to get authorized service.

Its not easy or 100% accurate to provide " Internet diagnosis " on a problem
like this. You might get some trial and error guesses. It sounds like a new LCD is needed. But thats my guess.
NormC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222761519043
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a tuto about screen replacement : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zbi1g2kync
newkronosbr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Hey Alan

Welcome to the forums (wish you had better news!!!)
I have the original KK but never this issue - there may be others but if you can return it and get your money back, I would - else you could work through a good Korg retailer and or service centre - they may at least give you some indication of the issue.

So sorry you have this problem - sincerely hope you get a fast resolution

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

Thank you my friend! I'm going to look for a technical assistance, and see what they say, I think I did not get lucky with this machine, but I will not be discouraged, hugs!
newkronosbr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with Korg Kronos Display Version 1 Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
newkronosbr wrote:
Hello!

Big hug to all![/b]

Hi Alan, it appears you bought this used from a private party- who also had the same headache with your Kronos.

If you can't circle back to him, you will need to find the country distributor in your country- assuming the original new sale took place in Brazil.

If not in your country, get to your selling party for a copy of the original sales receipt. The reason for this research is to find a proper way to get authorized service.

Its not easy or 100% accurate to provide " Internet diagnosis " on a problem
like this. You might get some trial and error guesses. It sounds like a new LCD is needed. But thats my guess.

Thank you my friend! I'm going to look for a technical assistance, and see what they say, I think I did not get lucky with this machine, but I will not be discouraged, hugs!
newkronosbr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormC wrote:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/222761519043

I'll take a look, and see what I can do.

Thank you and hug.
newkronosbr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
Here is a tuto about screen replacement : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zbi1g2kync

I'll take a look, and see what I can do.

Thank you and hug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: