Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More SHIFT-dial options please Korg!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rgarner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: More SHIFT-dial options please Korg! Reply with quote

I mean obviously fix the tuning first, but it occurs to me that SHIFT affects a really small subset of knobs, and here are the three functions I find myself in menus for that would be lovely to have on a knob (inspiration taken from the Sub 37 that lives beneath the Prologue!):

- EG Velocity – we could map this to SHIFT-EG-Sustain
- Amp Velocity - we could map this to SHIFT-Amp-Sustain
- Voice Spread - we could map this to SHIFT-Voice Mode Depth

I realise that last one cannibalises the USP of the 16 a little. And there will not likely be anything like the resource available to do things like this when there's a major bug fix in the offing. But I can dream...
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

And while we are at it
- add SHIFT-Programm/Value-Knob for faster scrolling through presets (maybe in steps of 10 instead of 1, needed for both Prologue 8 and 16)
rgarner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely need the accelerated value knob! I fear mine will break with my adopted two-hand "fast" technique...
Grokaknock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
+1

And while we are at it
- add SHIFT-Programm/Value-Knob for faster scrolling through presets (maybe in steps of 10 instead of 1, needed for both Prologue 8 and 16)

Each press of the program sort button (#1) will jump through the presets by 50 at a time. I use this to get me close to the preset I want and then use the scroll wheel. Lot less scrolling required.

+1 on the short cuts!
HW: Model D (Original) <> Prologue 16 <> OB-6 <> Prophet REV 2 <> Minitaur <> Sub37 <> Slim Phatty <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Korg Triton Le <> Korg synths I have owned: Poly 800 - Poly 800 MKII - M1 - Z1 (miss this one)

SW: Nuendo and too many soft synths to mention.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grokaknock wrote:
Each press of the program sort button (#1) will jump through the presets by 50 at a time. I use this to get me close to the preset I want and then use the scroll wheel. Lot less scrolling required.

Yes, that's definitely better than nothing. But it only works forward, and the jumps are a bit big IMO. For a smooth workflow, I would prefer SHIFT-knob with 10 or 20 preset jumps, working in both directions, a lot over that.
rgarner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I use the forward jumps a lot – for patch selection, anyway. But I also often find patches that are close to what I want, then modify. Then I have to save this somewhere. I keep patch 500 as a temporary holding area, and I can't use the left-soft-key method to go up 50 at a time – I literally can only go up or down one at a time with WRITE. Then when it comes to saving from that 500 when I've found where I left off (around 290, because my patches have been arriving slowly) I have to scroll all the way back.

If Librarian connected more reliably I'd probably not do this.
Solidtrax

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: More SHIFT-dial options please Korg! Reply with quote

rgarner wrote:
I mean obviously fix the tuning first, but it occurs to me that SHIFT affects a really small subset of knobs, and here are the three functions I find myself in menus for that would be lovely to have on a knob (inspiration taken from the Sub 37 that lives beneath the Prologue!):

- EG Velocity – we could map this to SHIFT-EG-Sustain
- Amp Velocity - we could map this to SHIFT-Amp-Sustain
- Voice Spread - we could map this to SHIFT-Voice Mode Depth

I realise that last one cannibalises the USP of the 16 a little. And there will not likely be anything like the resource available to do things like this when there's a major bug fix in the offing. But I can dream...

Excellent features! +1
Solidtrax

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
+1

And while we are at it

Also excellent! +1
MRNUTTY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need a shift-dont-crash option for the digital engine. lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: