Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Midi Bass Pedals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackoj

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Midi Bass Pedals Reply with quote

Can anyone help me set up my midi bass pedals on the PA4X, I have tried a number of times but my old brain cells can`t solve my problem. Thanks guys if you can it would be appreciated. ATB. jackoj.
Bill1983

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: Midi Bass Pedals Reply with quote

jackoj wrote:
Can anyone help me set up my midi bass pedals on the PA4X, I have tried a number of times but my old brain cells can`t solve my problem. Thanks guys if you can it would be appreciated. ATB. jackoj.

What Brand/Model of Bass Pedals do you have? For most it should be as simple as plugging them into the midi in port and assigning an octave.
PA4x, PA500, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2, Sonar Platinum, Ableton Live 10 Standard, NI Komplete12 Ultimate, EWQL Libraries, Nektar Impact LX88, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen2, Studiologic MP-117 Pedalboard
jackoj

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply Bill, The bass pedals have no makers name on them, but what i need is the midi settings needed for me to play them as i would do with an organ,;- Left split lower 1 voice right split 3 voice pedals bass, i have tried the ones as stated in the manual but no success. ATB jackoj
Snoopy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

open the midi-settings, MIDI-IN, and set the Channel your pedal is transmitting to "Baß"

Now you can play the "Baß"-Voice that is selected in the present style with your pedal. You can set the volume using the "baß-slider".
I suggest to save your midi-settings to a user-preset.

In case the sound isn´t loud enough, even if the slider is set to max: In "MIDI-General" set the "Note Velocity Value" from "normal" to 127. ( page 892 in the extended manual ). This setting is NOT stored in the midi-user-preset.

OR you set the MIDI-In to , let´s say "Player 1 Track 1".

But that requires you to create a "dummy-midi-file" that you´ve to start ( in player 1 !) prior using the pedal. This dummy-file needs only the program-change to the voice you want to use.

For me the above wasn´t practicable for normal use, so I use the "Upper3" Voice for bass-playing via pedal. "Upper 3 On/Off" hast to be set to "OFF" !
The big advantage is that I can change the voice and volume "on the fly" and save all settings into keyboard-sets.

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
jackoj

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Snoopy,
Thank you for you input, i have followed your method and found it works well, Thanks again. ATB. jackoj.
bobb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that information. I have increased my velocity value from the 58 that it was to 127 and it makes a huge difference to the bass on my pedals.
How do I globally save this setting? Every time I turn on my KB it reverts to 58.
Thanks
Bob
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Note In globally set to 127 Reply with quote

bobb wrote:
... globally save this setting ..

Go to the Global > MIDI > select a Midi Preset (maybe "Default"), select MIDI IN Controls and use the Midi In Velocity value parameter to set a fixed Note On velocity to 127. Choose the Write Midi Preset command from the page menu to open the Write Midi Preset dialog and Write over the current MIDI Preset touching the OK button.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
bobb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent’ thank you!
Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: