Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best way to organize combis/progs+their samples Serveral Set

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deliad

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Best way to organize combis/progs+their samples Serveral Set Reply with quote

Hi

What is the best easy way to make my own kronos pcg set with the combis/progs samples from serveral another pcgs i have?
pete.m

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy enough - it takes time, though.

First, you have to know which slots in your existing PCG you are happy to overwrite.
Next, you go into disk mode and pull up one of the other PCGs you presumably have saved on your SSD or a USB stick. You can open these PCGs up, and audition each individual program if necessary before loading them (probably individually, if you are picking and mixing) to the slots you have decided to free up.
You don't need to save your updated PCG when you power down - it is automatically stored. That's it for programs.

Samples are similar. Presumably, you already know how to load them in the normal way. Once you have, you then find the programs that relate to those samples in the PCGs on your SSD and load them wherever you want. The difference here is that you will need to save the sampling data or else it will be lost when you switch off, and also go to the auto-load page in Global mode to make sure that the samples will load up every time you power up in future.

As for combis, I so rarely bother with them that I don't really know. But I have a vague idea that moving the locations of your programs will mess up your combis. For example, if program A-001 was in a combi, and you overwrite the program with a new sound, that new sound will then become part of the combi. As I say though, I don't do much with combis and so I may well be wrong.

When you're done, save the new PCG.

Some people use the Kronos editor for much or all of this work. I prefer to do it manually on the Kronos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: