Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OS-Update: Fill-In-Mode Pa1000...300 redirect to variations
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: OS-Update: Fill-In-Mode Pa1000...300 redirect to variations Reply with quote

Hello,

as has been pointed out several times, the missing Fill-Buttons of the Pa1000 are a step backwards in the development of the styleplayer. But at least you can trigger the Fill-ins remotely via MIDI-PrgChg-Messages 87/88/89/90 on ControlChannel.

Previous models had the Fill-in buttons also in entry-level models (like Pa500). Additionally every Fill-in-Button could be programmed with "Fill-Mode" of each individual style separately in such a way, that triggering fill-in automatically played Fill and then redirected to the pre-programmed variation. This possibility of individual scheduling of each style, which has been in place for more than ten years, has not been offered by any other arranger keyboard to this day and was obviously "forgotten" in the last series.

For this reason, this "forgotten" feature - which really is rich in variation and allows variable use of the styleplayer - was pondered in an OS-Update for the Pa4x. You will find that on page 4 of Pa4X_Upgrade_Manual_V2_0_En.pdf:
****** "Fill/The Fill Mode parameter allows for automatically selecting a Variation when pressing a FILL/BREAK button" ******

Again Korg has been forgot to carry out this update for Pa1000? Since with missing fill-buttons with Pa1000 in any case you have the shortcoming to use a controller (FCB1010, NanoControl ..), an OS-Update with Fill-Mode also for Pa1000 is indispensable. That is because you should at least have the styleplayers functionality of previous entry-level Pa-models we had since years.
Korg is therefore asked to carry out an OS update with Fill-Mode - and I ask Pa1000 users to support me with this request by intervening at KORG!

PS: Of course applies to all models of the last series

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
xavierfrancis

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Siebenhirter

I would also like to add another thing to this fill ins...

The earlier KORG keyboards had a Fill-In loop feature which would get triggered by holding the fill-in button for more than a second(long-press) and the fill-in would be looped and played like another variation.

This was very usefull and could be used as 5th and a 6th variation to that already 1-4 variations available. This would suit to the bridge portion of a song.

But the PA 700 doesn't have this feature. So sad that KORG decided to remove this such a useful feature and again 'the missing Fill-Buttons of the Pa1000 are a step backwards in the development of the styleplayer'.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you raised your issue directly with Korg?
B.Safe

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the PA1000 you can trigger a fill with the 2-button sequence and then press the desired variation. This is much more flexible than the solution that was implemented on previous PA series.

Also, by pressing twice on a Fill (with the 2-button sequence), Break, Intro or End, the element loops until the next variation selection.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
On the PA1000 you can trigger a fill with the 2-button sequence and then press the desired variation. This is much more flexible than the solution that was implemented on previous PA series.

Also, by pressing twice on a Fill (with the 2-button sequence), Break, Intro or End, the element loops until the next variation selection.

You will find that the Op who started the thread keeps posting things that he seems to think is wrong with the PA yet he seems never to raise the matter directly with Korg.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject: Fill-In dissatisfactory, Fill-Mode absent Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
... You will find that the Op who started the thread keeps posting things that he seems to think is wrong with the PA yet he seems never to raise the matter directly with Korg.

Be objective, but this is not right - also that concerning OP had contact with Korg(https://forum.korg.de/index.php?t=msg&th=14210).

Also it is your information that is not right. Only Pa4x got an update with "Fill-Mode" - with the Pa1000 it still is absent although it was complained.
B.Safe wrote:

In previous Pa series you had direct access to the fill buttons - one has needed no apelike double stop on two buttons to trigger a function that is required if one with style player seriously would like to play!

Every user himself may value this whether this is more flexible than a direct access on a button.

PS: It is not nice to try to qualify every deficiency of the last Pa series - maybe as more flexible solution or whatever. Such behaviours, however, are not helpful, but unessential and unobjective.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have contacted Korg on each occasion that you have raised concerns about the operating system and they have not yet actioned any or a single reported item then that is Korg.

It took them 18 months to get Songbook Editor amended, so that it can be used with the 1000 and 700, updates for the 700 only occur every six months.

My Kross 2 is still awaiting content to be available 15 months after I bought mine.

Its the Korg way, have patience or sell your Korg gear and buy Yamaha.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject: Fill-In dissatisfactory, Fill-Mode absent Reply with quote

Hello Biggles,

you really are very ambivalent - first you believe one pretends mistake in the Pa keyboard only, as long as is not confirmed by Korg, however, then you lament that Korg is too slow to react to it.

Be sure - I do not accept you as commander to determine whether here in forum or with Korg directly it is to discuss about inadequacy.

I also myself am able to judge what is wrong with my keyboard.
Biggles wrote:
... If you have contacted Korg on each occasion .... .

I and each other user is guilty to you no account about whether, why and how often Korg is contacted.

Biggles wrote:
... Its the Korg way, have patience ...

Also need no clarification from you what is Korgs way. About that I form my opinion and need also no appeasement to be patient.

Biggles wrote:
... sell your Korg gear and buy Yamaha......

Unessential - I myself decide what I want to sell or buy (maybe same is valid for you too).

Biggles wrote:
..... Have you raised your issue directly with Korg? ..... and they have not yet actioned any or a single reported item then that is Korg. .

... hence, FORUM DISCUSSIONS ARE IMPORTANT, as sometimes wishes Korg has followed which were discussed before here in the forum!

Here it is this threads subject to talk about the missing Fill-mode in the last Pa series which was repaired for the time being only with the Pa4x with an update.

If you do not want to talk about mistakes or faulty features of devices - do not talk about. Maybe you never need missing or faulty features, than it is ok if you are contented with a mistake-afflicted keyboard, because without ever noting that features.

Biggles wrote:
..... find that the Op who started the thread keeps posting things that he seems to think is wrong with the PA yet he seems never to raise the matter directly with Korg. .

Better prevent faulty informations and do not try highjacking each theme for your personal opinion, which has to do nothing with a THREADS SUBJECT.

It is a fact, that FILL-MODE ONLY WAS RE-IMPLEMENTED IN Pa4X. The apelike DOUBLE STOP TO TRIGGER FILL-INS IS A MAKESHIFT compared with the direct access on buttons, unfortunately only more in the Pa4x available, whereas previously exists in each and also in small models.

Desired, in the next models a direct access on essential function of Fill-Ins of the style player has again. Also desired FOR STYLE PLAYERS FUNCTIONALITY --->

AntonySharmman wrote:
... wish for any newer OS is KorgPa developers to bring back the discontinued individual preferences of Styles & KBD Sets of ultimate features "velocity to fill" & "scanning mode" and at least an extra assignable Direct SET tab....

Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discussions are important but yours solely are pointing out a limitation that you see in the operating system, I see very little if any contribution from you in a thread that you have not created that is positive to help another user.

Yes Korg are slow to react, but if you did as has been suggested and join in with the live Webinar where you could post your question directly to Korg staff then you would get a direct response.

I see very little point in continually raising the limitations you see in the operating system if you are not prepared to do anything about it. If you do contact Korg then why not tell us that, then why not also tell us about their response?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject: Fill-In dissatisfactory, Fill-Mode absent Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
.. a limitation that you see in the operating system ..

If you can not see the limitation of missing Fíll-mode you are blind. It was supplied later in the Pa4x, however, it still is absent furthermore in all other topical models.

Fill-mode is essential for styleplayers function - we had them for decades also in the smallest models. So it is nothing like I see in OP - it is a REAL LIMITATION.

Your multiple advertisement for the Webinar does not help as long as these limitations are ignored!

Real existing problems are not to be solved while one ignores as you do - this is the opposite of it to help another user but only is controversial.

B.Safe

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Fill-In dissatisfactory, Fill-Mode absent Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
PS: It is not nice to try to qualify every deficiency of the last Pa series - maybe as more flexible solution or whatever. Such behaviours, however, are not helpful, but unessential and unobjective.

I suspected it, but it's obvious now, you're convinced that you're the only one with a nice, useful, essential and objective opinion.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Fill-In dissatisfactory, Fill-Mode absent Reply with quote

B.Safe wrote:
.. but it's obvious now, you're convinced that you're the only one with a nice, useful, essential and objective opinion.

Ridiculous statement sly from the contents - nothing has to do with Fill-In. Instead of attacking personally simply accept really limitations which Korg has corrected with OS of Pa4x (but not with pa1000 ..).

PS: Have a nice time with simian clutch to get simply triggering fill-ins on time-critical situations, as you think this is more flexible than buttons (like Pa4x) with direct access.

B.Safe

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Fill-In dissatisfactory, Fill-Mode absent Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
Ridiculous statement sly from the contents - nothing has to do with Fill-In. Instead of attacking personally simply accept really limitations which Korg has corrected with OS of Pa4x (but not with pa1000 ..).

PS: Have a nice time with simian clutch to get simply triggering fill-ins on time-critical situations, as you think this is more flexible than buttons (like Pa4x) with direct access.

You are the one who does not accept the limitations since you spend your time asking Korg to modify the software.
I chose the PA1000 despite the absence of buttons for the Fill and I have no problem activating them with my FCB1010.
You cannot reasonably expect to have all the features of the PA4X with the price of the PA1000.
But as usual, you will argue that these options were on previous versions (that you didn't have).
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Fill-In dissatisfactory, Fill-Mode absent Reply with quote

As usual your statements are ridiculous - unobjective and uselessly.

B.Safe wrote:
.. You are the one who does not accept the limitations since you spend your time asking Korg to modify the software. ..

If you believe you are god you can believe I am the one who will not accept limitations - else give it up to emit to so much nonsense.
B.Safe wrote:
... I chose the PA1000 despite the absence of buttons for the Fill and I have no problem activating them with my FCB1010 ...

It is yours what features are important to chose Pa1000 - also with fill buttons you will have no problems to trigger Fill-Ins with additional hardware.
It is arrogantyl to audition it would be more flexible to use the simian clutches to trigger Fill-Ins if one himself uses additionale hardware for it.
B.Safe wrote:
... You cannot reasonably expect to have all the features of the PA4X with the price of the PA1000 ...

I did not expect this. Simply EXPECT NOT TO REDUCE THE ELEMENTARY FEATURES which for more than ten years ALLOW AN ADEQUATE USE OF THE STYLE PLAYER - and features mentioned not only were available in the flagship but also in small models (ie Pa500).

If you do not know what are important distinctions between Pa4x and Pa1000, use technical descriptions, but do not try to to explain, features like Fill-Mode and Fill-Buttons would be significant for this. This really is not - these features were no signs of differentiation (--->also compare Pa3x/800/500)

B.Safe wrote:
.. you will argue that these options were on previous versions (that you didn't have) ...

If you have inferiority problems to show off with the possession of the devices obsessed by you - simply do it, again is ridiculous and has nothing to do with Fill-Buttons and Fill-Mode of Pa1000.
PS: Remote-Control of style player via additional hardware is nothing new - we had this for a long time, also with small models.

B.Safe

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Fill-In dissatisfactory, Fill-Mode absent Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
As usual your statements are ridiculous - unobjective and uselessly.

B.Safe wrote:
.. You are the one who does not accept the limitations since you spend your time asking Korg to modify the software. ..

If you believe you are god you can believe I am the one who will not accept limitations - else give it up to emit to so much nonsense.
B.Safe wrote:
... I chose the PA1000 despite the absence of buttons for the Fill and I have no problem activating them with my FCB1010 ...

It is yours what features are important to chose Pa1000 - also with fill buttons you will have no problems to trigger Fill-Ins with additional hardware.
It is arrogantyl to audition it would be more flexible to use the simian clutches to trigger Fill-Ins if one himself uses additionale hardware for it.
B.Safe wrote:
... You cannot reasonably expect to have all the features of the PA4X with the price of the PA1000 ...

I did not expect this. Simply EXPECT NOT TO REDUCE THE ELEMENTARY FEATURES which for more than ten years ALLOW AN ADEQUATE USE OF THE STYLE PLAYER - and features mentioned not only were available in the flagship but also in small models (ie Pa500).

If you do not know what are important distinctions between Pa4x and Pa1000, use technical descriptions, but do not try to to explain, features like Fill-Mode and Fill-Buttons would be significant for this. This really is not - these features were no signs of differentiation (--->also compare Pa3x/800/500)

B.Safe wrote:
.. you will argue that these options were on previous versions (that you didn't have) ...

If you have inferiority problems to show off with the possession of the devices obsessed by you - simply do it, again is ridiculous and has nothing to do with Fill-Buttons and Fill-Mode of Pa1000.
PS: Remote-Control of style player via additional hardware is nothing new - we had this for a long time, also with small models.

In all your statements, do you find only one that is not:
- a personal attack ?
- ridiculous ?
- useless ?
- non-objective ?
No matter how hard I look....

Every discussion with you ends like this, but I leave you the last word, I won't answer you anymore in this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: