Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New to everything

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jumiclads

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: New to everything Reply with quote

Hi all, I am new to keyboards, Pa1000, music, in fact I am a total beginner. What are the most important and beneficial things I need to know. Thanks
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: New to everything Reply with quote

jumiclads wrote:
Hi all, I am new to keyboards, Pa1000, music, in fact I am a total beginner. What are the most important and beneficial things I need to know. Thanks

Hello and welcome,

maybe downloadadress of quickguide

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/758/3653/

and usermanual

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/758/3652/

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also find a video manual on YouTube
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How new?

I do hope that you have not bought a PA1000 yet.

Buying a PA1000 when you are a total beginner is like buying a Porsche Boxster when you have not even taken your driving test.

It will take you years to get to the standard where you will be able to use all the features of the PA.

When I started playing keys my tutor asked .... do you want to play piano or keyboard?

There is a difference
jumiclads

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I am very new and I have got a Pa1000 so let us hope I am a quick learner. I have downloaded the manuals and watched the youtube videos last night. Seems pretty straight forward. Laughing

If there is anything else you can help with like what books, downloads etc I would most appreciate it.
musicmaker84

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can hum a song from memory or hum something you invent on the go, you already know music.

Now you only need to learn how to transfer to keys what you imagine.
Mitzie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep away from sheet music, it can become addictive and stifles creativity
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Total beginner - new to everything Reply with quote

Mitzie wrote:
Keep away from sheet music, it can become addictive and stifles creativity

That's true sometimes, but not always.

There are millions of people who can't read a sheet of music - that includes blind musicians - and still make music. So sheet music really is not necessary to make music.

You also don't need a blueprint to build a house - maybe housebuilding it makes much easier. But doesn't necessarily want to compare housebuilding with making music.
Creativity is nothing to be stifled by sheet music. This only happens when you indoctrinate children that you only can "learn" music with method (reading notes, practicing scales etc). Such a indoctration is a deliberate manipulation and that really destroys creativity.

But if a beginner wants to make music voluntarily, then this indoctration is missing. He can decide for himself whether he wants to play music exclusively impulsively and creatively or whether he is also interested in the extensive techniques that other musicians use.

If you voluntarily choose to learn and play music with notation, then it's not good advice to stay away from notation. You can also make music with your instrument in parallel and in addition creatively - even without sheet music.

That is the big difference - children often are "brought up" to play music exclusively with sheet music - and that really stifles creativity!

But it doesn't hurt creativity if you also know and master the techniques and tools you can use well for making music.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: