Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

change in seq the keyset by an events in songbook entries
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackand

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: change in seq the keyset by an events in songbook entries Reply with quote

i have a pa-1000 i want just play over the song with the 4 keysets(assigned in song entry)but i have both hands busy to change keyset during the song .But since I play over a sequence I thought I could put an event on a seq track to change the keyboard set automatically?
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can add a footswitch to the assignable input and select the Keyboard Set from the set up.

It will then move to the next Keyboard Set with each press of the footswitch.

See the section in your manual for precisely how to set it up, it is just after setting up the damper.
jackand

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject: next Reply with quote

thank for your answer but it's not my question i want to put an event in the sequence and change automatically
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Remote controls for 4 KbdSets Reply with quote

jackand wrote:
thank for your answer but it's not my question i want to put an event in the sequence and change automatically

If you have questions about Midi-Messages Implementation Charts helps.

PgChg 64/65/66/67 are remote-commands you will send via Midi-Control-Channel to select your four Keyboard Sets (Manual Page 895).

Insert these commands into a separate track of your SMF, use any channel for these track as "Seq track nnn" Midi-Out-Channel, connect Midi-In with Midi-Out with a short cable, use same channel as "Control" in Midi-In. Now you can do your remotions via SMF.

SMF will send remote-commands via Midi-Out to Midi-In-Control-Channel and will select your Keyboard-Sets. Midi-Loop (Out to In) is necessary, because internal SMF-Player seems not to be routed to Midi-In. Of course other channels than that one you use for remote should not be activated, else you are doubling your sound of tracks

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
jackand

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your answer it's very clever I never thought to use a midi cable between the in and out.you 're very strong
(I tried with PC 64 65 66 67 but it did not work)
So in summary
  1) I put the midi cable in in midi out
  2) I take a separate SMF track to put PC events (64/65/66/67)
For the rest I'm not sure I bought my PA1000 in July. Can you explain me in more detail About the controllers and the settings midi thank you very much for your support
BEST REGARDS
JACK
from france and canada
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Program change for remote controlling STS1-STS4 Reply with quote

jackand wrote:
... I tried with PC 64 65 66 67 but it did not work .....

if you send pc 64 to midi-in of a pa-keyboard via control channel, keyboard set is changed to keyboardset 1, as described in manual of pa-1000 page 895 (Selecting the Keyboard Sets (from a Style or SongBook Entry)).

if you tried to with PC 64 (65 66 67) as described and it did not work,
either you entered incorrectly PC into your SMF,
or you do not use midi-out settings using that channel of sequencer where PC are entered,
or you do not use same midi-in-channel as "control",
or you do not connect midi-out with midi-in.

correct settings provided PC for remote will work as described.
if you do not believe - search your bug.

Try to send one of the program-changes via another controller (maybe via control panel of a monitor-program like Midi-OX) to midi-in control-channel, to control your settings of midi-in - it will work with correct settings.

To control your midi-out settings, next try to receive and control events of your SMF-events - maybe with same monitor-program Midi-OX. If SMF do not send program-change-events as as you expect, you did not enter that events correctly or your settings of midi-out are not correct. (as you entered).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
jackand

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is confusion
it was before your method that I did not succeed (with PC 64.65.66.67)
  I think that your method is a good idea I believe in your method but I do not know how to achieve the program changes with the controllers in seq and I do not know how to make the settings midi in global mode can you explain to me exactly what I have to do
please
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Program change for remote controlling STS1-STS4 Reply with quote

jackand wrote:
... I think there is confusion ...

Can't imagine why there would be confusion - did you use manual, read chapter about Midi, MidiImplementation?

Due to your request to automatically change the keysets during the song about the sequence, I have already assumed that there is at least basic knowledge about the midi technology, in order to be able to perform the necessary settings yourself, as soon as you got informations how to solve your problem to automatically change your (four) keyboard sets.

Once again i can help you with information, how to solve your problems:
1) Pa1000 automatically change one of four keyboard sets, if it recognizes a program change 64 (for KbdSet1, or 65 for KbdSet 2 ....) via "Control". It is described in manual page 895.
2) What Midi-device you will use to send that program change does not matter - also Pa1000 itself can do set with program changes sent with an SMF via its internal sequencer to Midi-Out connected with its own Midi-In.
3) How to insert program change messages at a certain trigger point of the song has nothing to do with Pa1000 - it's a pure MIDI affair. If you want to do that with internal sequencer, create an additional track in your SMF and insert that needed program change. Described in manual step by step in "editing songs , event edit page".
4) How to sent messages of SMF-tracks to your Midi-Out is described step by step in manual (pages connecting Midi devices) - assign one of Midi-Out-Channels to - maybe you use channel 5 - "Ply1 Tr7" (if you inserted PrgChg to SMF-track7 and play that SMF with Player1). So PrgChg you inserted in track 7 of your SMF played with player1, will be transmitted to Midi-Out on channel 5.
5) How to receive Midi-messages with Midi-In also is described in same chapter (page 886) - simply assign same channel you will use sending your PrgChg for remoting to "Control". In this example Midi-in channel5 is assign to "control".
Hope what you have to do I explained more than exactly.

If again remoting will not work as described and in case you often want to use midi together with the Pa1000, it is recommend to use a monitor program (like the Midi-OX). Such a tool always can be used if the procedures with midi events do not work as expected. With a monitor program, it becomes visible whether and where the midi events are faulty or missing.

jackand wrote:
... I think that your method is a good idea I believe in your method .....

Another solution to remotely control Pa-Keyboards are footcontrollers - like FCB1010.

jackand

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applied your method but as soon as I plug the midi cable the other track lose their sounds yet I disabled them
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Program change for remote controlling STS1-STS4 Reply with quote

jackand wrote:
I applied your method but as soon as I plug the midi cable the other track lose their sounds yet I disabled them

I can't do anything with your message, it does not describe what troubles you have.

If you learn how to send Midi-events and receive Midi-events, send program change 64 from your Pa-player to Midi-Out of Pa-Keyboard, connect Midi-Out of Pa-Keyboard with Midi-In of Pa-Keyboard, to receive program change via "control"-channel. Of course, no midi filter is allowed to block the transfer of prChanges.

To connect Midi-Out with Midi-In is necessary because SMF-player tracks do not support control-channel directly.

As already explained in detail: each time you send PrgChg 64 to control-channel of a Pa-Keyboard - it will activate your KbdSet 1 remotely; if you send a PrgChg 65 it will activate your KbdSet 2 etc ..... that is the solution sought by you, specific description for this you got several times, now it's up to you to realize them.

jackand

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I will explain in more detail
When I do a midi loop with a midi cable the other track of my sequences change sounds and replace them with cheap sounds. as soon as I remove the cable, the sequence finds the original sounds of my SMF. Secondly I managed to program the keyset change and it worked but the other tracks are all deregle with the sounds and also a message appears "song not available". Then I tried with another SMF without touching the Global midi settings but as soon as I put the cable the other track of the SMF go wrong
I spent hours To program his SMF I can not lose my creation there may be a midi setting to do that I do not know.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Program change for remote controlling STS1-STS4 Reply with quote

jackand wrote:
OK I will explain in more detail ..

Ok - that is an useful explaination - and also the solution is simple.

If you do a midi loop you may only use that one track of your sequence with your program change event for remotion.
Do not open all channels of your Midi-Out, but only that one channel for this one track.
Second to no open all Midi-In for your Pa-Keyboard, but only that Midi-In-Channel where you will receive your program change for "control".

What you did wrong is transmitting Midi-Events of all of your SMF-tracks via Midi-Out-channels to Midi-In-channels of your Pa-Keyboard i think.

jackand

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I tried I closed all channels (except the 15 that I use for the program changes) in midi in channel and midi out channel and the same thing happens: the tracks play with sounds that have no relationship with the sequence as soon as I remove the cable the sequence becomes normal again
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject: SMF with prgChg for remote Reply with quote

jackand wrote:
OK I tried I closed all channels (except the 15 that I use for the program changes) in midi in channel and midi out channel and the same thing happens: the tracks play with sounds that have no relationship with the sequence as soon as I remove the cable the sequence becomes normal again

if you tried to close all midi channels (in-/out) except that one used for program changes and tracks will play faulty associated sounds in case you connect midi in with midi out - that means, only that one channel transmit commands causing errors.

It is, of course, difficult to control from the distant, which commands are actually transmitted via this channel. Therefore, I already recommended to use a monitor software some posts beforehand.

What happened in case you set all you channels of midi in and midi out to "off" - and then, if you connect midi in with midi out, do you get the same faulty associated sounds? If you get not, your remote-channel will either transmit a faulty program change or provide additional data (non-channel-messages, sysex ...) causing errors.

Send me your SMF and info, what track / channel you used to remote-control with program change - you get my adress via pm.

jackand

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I noticed:
1) When the kbdset changes a message appears "song not available" (why?) And I have to touch the screen to remove the message but the kbdset has changed with closed midi channels except the 15
2) sounds change but not in all smf ....
3) I checked the pc on each track of the smf ...
4) Here's what I did for the midi setting:
global / midi / midi in channel / all channels off (except the 15 = control)
global / midi / midi out channel / all channel off (except the 15 = ply.1 Tr 15)
5) Here's what I did for the PC:
on the Tr 15 cc # 99 = 2 // one clock // cc # 98 = 64 // one clock // cc # 06 = 05 // cc # 38 = 75 // PC 65
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: