Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Factory Template Songs Load Wrong Instruments

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjmclendon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Factory Template Songs Load Wrong Instruments Reply with quote

Just upgraded my Kronos (88 key) to 3.1.2 today. All working OK except that in SEQ mode, loading a factory template song such as P02 R&B loads some incorrect Programs into some of the MIDI tracks. Drums just don't sound good with Carillion Program Wink

I am pre-loading Preload.KSC in Global settings.

Can someone advise how to correct the factory song template program error?

Thanks - Mike
stevewahl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you have an original Kronos, not Kronos-X or Kronos 2?

Are your program banks in the original order, or did you perhaps load a PCG with the new Kronos 2 program layout? (Or, this would happen also if you wipe out your factory sound banks and fill them all with sounds of your own choosing, in your own order.)

For the template functions, the OS seems to assume your programs are in the original factory order for the hardware you are on (Kronos / Kronos X has one layout, Kronos 2 has the other). If you tried switching to the K2 sound layout, I think you need to create user templates that match the new layout to work around this, either by doing so on your own, or somehow transferring them from the Factory Templates on a K2.

If you have your own layout of programs, you need to create your own templates, of course.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Factory Template Songs Load Wrong Instruments Reply with quote

mjmclendon wrote:
Just upgraded my Kronos (88 key) to 3.1.2 today. All working OK except that in SEQ mode, loading a factory template song such as P02 R&B loads some incorrect Programs into some of the MIDI tracks. Drums just don't sound good with Carillion Program Wink

Thanks - Mike

If you have pre-loaded Factory KSC only, perhaps, it could be not enough. Just try preolad.PRG (wich contain all settings : Prog, Combi, KarmaGE, Global settings, KSC, songs and so on)
DavyP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Factory Template Songs Load Wrong Instruments Reply with quote

mjmclendon wrote:

Thanks - Mike

I find this is an interesting issue. I have exactly the same problem. After updating my original Kronos Mk1 to the latest OS and firmware etc I found that the Sequencer templates (eg for pop, rock, country styles of music etc) do NOT load the correct programs and drum kits etc... into the sequencer tracks!!

I did NOT purchase the NEW Kronos update pack from the Korg shop with the extra sound libraries that come with the Kronos Mk2 such as EXs 17 Berlin Grand, EXs18 EXs Collections and the KRS07 Sound Pack.

It appears that the latest Kronos update creates duplicate program banks in the first two program banks (Bank A and B are copies of Banks C and D?) instead of where the new Kronos Mk2 sounds would normally be located?? And it moves all the other older program banks to different banks. After the Kronos OS update it appears that the Sequencer template is still looking for programs in their original locations and not in the updated locations? I don’t know if there is a solution for this or whether this is a bug or consequence of the update? I wonder if the purchase of the additional sound sets would resolve the matter? However I am not particularly interested in spending the extra money and buying the extra sound sets at this stage? $249!!

I wonder f any other forum members have experienced this issue and could offer an explanation or solution? I couldn’t find any documentation explaining this issue with the update?
Korg Kronos 88, Korg M1, Novation SL61 MKII, Roland JV1080 with Techno expansion, Roland D110, Yamaha MU80, KRK Rokit 5 monitors, Akai ME30PII midi patch bay, Behringer RX1602 mixer, ESI ESP1010e audio interface, Quad Core PC, Cubase Pro 9.0, SE X1 condenser mic.

Guitars: Yamaha SG700, Ovation Applause electro-acoustic, Squier Strat, Roland micro cube amp.

Former: Roland Jupiter 6, Yamaha DX9, Akai X7000 sampler, Casio CZ1000, Roland SH101, Roland TR909, Roland MC500mk2, Emu Procussion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: