Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to export one Factory sound from Pa4X?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject: How to export one Factory sound from Pa4X? Reply with quote

I need to use only one factory sound from Pa4X into Pa700.
Is it technically possible?

The sound is called "Far Muted Atmos", in Synth Pad category.
I have both keyboards.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by BR on Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea?
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the pa700 has the multisample in rom it should play fine!Try it and you ll see!

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

musiccankill wrote:
If the pa700 has the multisample in rom it should play fine!Try it and you ll see!
Thanks for the reply.
I did a search in my Pa700 and this multisample does not exist.
How can I get/export the factory sound "Far Muted Atmos" in Pa4X in order to import it into Pa700?
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One way to save the sound in a set is to select the sound and copy it to a user bank and then do the normal save procedure from media -> save menu..
Though, this will not bring the multisample with it and there is no possible way to export a multisample from the rom region of any PA keyboard...
The only thing you can do is to resample the multisample on your own and basically rebuild the multisample in the pa700!

Korg keyboards owned now: PA5X 61 ,PA300, Triton extreme 61, Korg 707, Trinity plus
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be a little confusion here between sound and multisamples.
No doubt the sound you want is made from a number of multisamples and most likely the Pa1000 will be able to re-produce it.
On your Pa4x copy the sound to a spare User Sound slot. I have a 3x so the method could be a little different but on the 3x you open the sound in Sound Mode, then use dropdown menu to write it to a spare slot.
Now save the sound to USB (Media, Save Tab, All, Open, Sound, Open, navigate to User location and save. call it something that makes sense).
Now Load it to the Pa1000, (Media, Load, Open, Sound, navigate to the sound and load it where you want.
The Pa1000 is missing a few multisamples that the Pa4x has but you should get a close match even if it happens to be the case.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:
There seems to be a little confusion here between sound and multisamples.
No doubt the sound you want is made from a number of multisamples and most likely the Pa1000 will be able to re-produce it.
On your Pa4x copy the sound to a spare User Sound slot. I have a 3x so the method could be a little different but on the 3x you open the sound in Sound Mode, then use dropdown menu to write it to a spare slot.
Now save the sound to USB (Media, Save Tab, All, Open, Sound, Open, navigate to User location and save. call it something that makes sense).
Now Load it to the Pa1000, (Media, Load, Open, Sound, navigate to the sound and load it where you want.
The Pa1000 is missing a few multisamples that the Pa4x has but you should get a close match even if it happens to be the case.

The author stated that he has a pa700 not a pa1000..
PA4x has 6.14Gb of rom library while the PA700 has only 960mb...
If the same multisample doesn't exist in pa700, there may be a match (maybe not close enough though) or the assigned multisamples that don't exist may become "EMPTY"...

NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you manage to get this to work would be imterested
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 sounds for Pa700 Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:
seems to be a little confusion here between sound and multisamples ..

.. not only between sound (PCG) and multisamples (KMP). If you have both keyboards it should be possible to use its factory sounds (filetype PCG) mutually without restrictions.

As already mentioned, if both devices has the same multisamples in ROM it is easy to use same PCGs of each other. Before transferring it is to check which multisamples are used by the PCG (max 48 in 24 Oscillators).

If same multisamples does not exist in both devices, it is necessary to EXPORT that multisamples from SOURCE and to IMPORT it in TARGET.

It is true that factory sounds normally are protected, but that is to warrant that musical resources will always find linked musical resources. Protection can be removed before choosing EXPORT in any page of the Multisample section, to open the Export Multisample window. Maybe there are restrictions with regional devices.

But it should be possible to EXPORT a multisample together with all the linked samples, because export operation should generate a KMP file (that is KORG’s proprietary file format for multisamples) and a folder containing a series of KSF files (KORG’s proprietary file format for samples) inside the same directory.

In target device while in any of the Sample or Multisample pages, choose IMPORT to open the Load Sample window. Now multisamples can be IMPORTED including the contained samples (using KMP KORG’s native multisample format with .kmp extension).

Importing is necessary, because importing updates the internal memory (RAM.KMP and RAMnn.PCM) - to warrant that newly transferred musical resource (PCG) will find its linked musical resources (multisample, samples), which must reside in internal memory.
If all Multisamples are transferred, the PCG of source device can be used in target device. It is necessary to edit/rewrite the pcg-file with multisamples in oscillator-basics (Basic:OSC Basic:OSC Multisample) manually, else multisamples would be still linked to factory-entries in ROM of source device.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately you can't export a ROM multisample on any korg keyboard (not only arrangers)..
But to speak for arrangerd, the reasons except from copyright, which i believe is obvious, are many more with the most important one that the rom library was never the same structure as User samples/multisamples and in pa4x/700 and 1000 it has even more modifications and totally different logic because the new models do use streaming for the rom sample/multisample library...

BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for your support.

I took a look at this sound on my Pa4X.
It is designed by 6 OSC and 9 different sounds from ROM memory.

It is just impossible, for me, to redesign this complex sound in Pa700 since I couln't find any of these 9 Sounds, PCM Sample and/or PCM Multisample in Pa700.
I just give up.
Thanks anyway.
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just try the sound on the pa700 to see how it will sound, no need to change anything,just save it from pa4x and load it on pa700..!

duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: pa4 Reply with quote

it work for me ,, as people said , just copy it from the pa4 , i put it in my pa1000 and it works fine , i look at the osc and they match up close to the pa4, this might work for you ,,, is sound close enough for me..
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to try the Italian Grand on the Pa700 if a nice person would like to share it.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just copied to Pa700 and it worked, all OSC are there...Very Happy
Thanks guys for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: