Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ERASING WRONG NOTES WITHOUT ERASING TRACKS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbyrd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: ERASING WRONG NOTES WITHOUT ERASING TRACKS Reply with quote

HI!

I am learning how to use my Korg Kronos on the fly. Last night, I started learning how to erase wrong notes. At first, I ended up erasing the rest of a track because I did not press "Enter" after typing the last measure in the box.
I got the hang of that! However, I still am having trouble with the remainder of tracks being erased. I don't know why that is happening.

My first track is a piano track. My second track is a cajon track.

Any suggestions?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you using the SEQ ?

SEQ mode

see Track Edit tab
"Shift/Erase Notes" command is a menu item - upper right corner.

Highly recommend watching the Korg video on YT on Kronos/SEQ basics.

Several user videos also cover SEQ basics.

I don't think its possible to learn a Korg SEQ with the ' try as you go ' approach.
Redbyrd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for response! I know I am doing something ill-advised by not taking the time to go through tutorials, but I'm doing all I can do right now. I may just have to give up & move on.

One thing I have found is that some of the tutorials are not helpful, so your recommendations of those that are will benefit me.

Yes, I have been going to the Track/Edit tab, then Shift/Erase notes.
I don't know what I am doing wrong to cause the remainder of my tracks to disappear when I enter the measure points. I wonder if a box is checked that shouldn't be or something else is set up that needs disabling.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redbyrd wrote:
Thanks for response! I know I am doing something ill-advised by not taking the time to go through tutorials, but I'm doing all I can do right now. I may just have to give up & move on.

One thing I have found is that some of the tutorials are not helpful, so your recommendations of those that are will benefit me.

Yes, I have been going to the Track/Edit tab, then Shift/Erase notes.
I don't know what I am doing wrong to cause the remainder of my tracks to disappear when I enter the measure points. I wonder if a box is checked that shouldn't be or something else is set up that needs disabling.

Hi, that should not happen

Make sure your ending tick mark of the measure part is selected

Make sure you are on the correct individual track
I also stay on the exact measure I need to fix or
Edit

Lots of little details

I agree there are user videos that are incomplete

And there are various workflow s. Which may not
Match yours

Rich formadinis are good
pete.m

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nadine,

I'm with Greg - what you are describing shouldn't be happening. There are various ways of erasing notes, MIDI events, tracks or entire songs. I'll list them briefly, just so you can check them all out and familiarise yourself. If you are erasing all your tracks from shift/erase page, then your Kronos is doing something very strange. Here goes anyway;

1. To erase an entire song - click on button in top right corner on the main page of SEQ mode, and hit 'initialise song' to erase the whole song.

2. To erase all tracks in a song, but to keep the rest of the song info (name, programs, fx etc) - go to Track Edit page, find 'Erase Track' in top right corner menu and click 'erase all tracks'.

3. To erase just one track - same as for 2, but leave 'erase all tracks' unchecked, and it will just erase the one track you are working on.

4. To erase a measure, or some of the event info, of one or all tracks - find 'erase measure' page and select what you need to erase. So if you have a song lasting eight measures, but just want to get rid of all the notes (or other info, such as pitch bend) on one or all tracks in measure five, your song will remain eight measures long but with those specific events erased.

5. To delete a measure of one or all tracks - go to the 'delete measure' page and specify which measures you need to get rid of. In this case, if you were to delete measure five of an eight measure song, your song would become seven measures long - what was measure six would now be measure five.

6. To erase or shift some (a range of) notes from one track - use the 'shift/erase' page, specifying your note range and measure range.

7. To work more closely on individual notes or events - use the 'event edit' page. Here you can highlight individual notes and change the note, its length velocity and position. Highlight a note and hit 'cut' if you just want to get rid of it. You can also alter/delete specific MIDI events here, and can insert new notes or MIDI events directly.

Did you know that you can undo an operation? To do this, simply press the 'enter' and 'compare' buttons on the front panel of the Kronos. This will undo your last operation. It's very useful. Say, for example, that you have just recorded an overdub but don't like it - hit 'enter' and 'compare', and it's done. The same goes for when you have accidentally erased all your tracks - just undo it.

Remember finally that, if you do erase something big by accident, you will always have your previous back-up in place until you choose to overwrite it at the end of your session.

This might all sound a bit confusing if you are still getting to grips with the Kronos, but if you just take a few minutes out to play with each of the above, it will drop into place quite quickly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: