Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help in deciding Pax4, also Ableton integration

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raykman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Help in deciding Pax4, also Ableton integration Reply with quote

Hello
I am new to the forum
I have been looking at keyboard arrangers and yesterday tried
out the genos nice sounds but seemed a little toyish with the design
I have not found a Korg PAX 4 to play yet but i have a few questions if anyone can help.
I want to do some gigging as a one person act. I play keyboards and a little bit of guitar. I was looking to use midi files and mp3 to play along to top 40 country and pop rock songs. I want to be able to on the fly when not playing styles on the keyboard to easily go back to points in the midi file or mp3 on the fly like the chorus, verse etc.
Is this easy to do in real time and does it work in the real world where you guys are doing this daily. ?

2 I know the vocals can be mixed with the tc helicon does it sound really good and how much do you use this in your shows?

3. The last question is kinda the stumper for me I desire to use Ableton Live with its clips and audio in conjunction with the PAX 4 to sometimes either do live looping or playback of clips. I know that i can use a midi controller for Ableton but i am trying not to lug to much stuff around. I know keyboard arrangers are not great midi controllers but would I be able to have any kind of function of controlling Ableton with The Pax4.

Sorry if I am just rambling but i like the fact the Pax4 has sounds already and I can play songs thru styles on the keyboard or midi and mp3
I would like a keyboard with sounds as compared to just a midi controller with only software sounds .
Just trying to figure out if the Pax4 is a good route to use Ableton with.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: