Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Monologue : Recording problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justeleblanc23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Korg Monologue : Recording problem Reply with quote

hello
Before a few months I bought my first synth ,the Korg Monologue .Immediately I started recording with Logic Pro X using two channels as I have read at several tutorials ,one Midi and one Sound . Everything was normal and I ve finished some recordings when suddenly I started to have the following problem :when I m recording at the midi channel ,before and while the recording, the Monologue's sound is as expected .After finishing the recording
1) the sound of the monologue's patch change (not the patch itself but the sound of it ) and at monologue's screen the message "NO MOTION DATA" is appearing.
2) Although I can see the midi notes of the track ,when I press play ,there is no recorded sound .Only if I change the patch and then go back to the one I want to record ,the sound of monologue's patch become normal again (but still I can't hear the midi recording) .
I use :
a)Korg Monologue
b)Apogee one v.2
c)Macbook pro with Mojave now (before the update ,I had the high sierra)
d)Logic Pro X .
I 've tried 2 different Monologues ,2 different Apogee one (v.1 & v2) ,different cables ,2 different versions of Logic pro X ,I 've reset Monologue twice .I don't know what else to do and I 'm totally lost .If someone can help ,please

Edit : I just noticed that is clearly a problem through the usb connection .I was recording in an audio channel (the only connection between the monologue and the macbook was the cable with the route "monologue's output -->Apogee one ") and everything was fine .After the recording I connect the monologue via usb and immidiately the sound changed (it became more blurry ) .
demonp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May the problem be the monitoring? USB connection listens to some other midi CH also? Example 1 and 10?
Also check if MIDI program change is disabled in Korg.
No motion data is only for monologue sequencer. If you recorded seq in Logic, you dont need it anymore for listening.

Also check monologues manual what channel is used for this motion data.

MIDI doesnt contain sound. It should be other audio track.

This can be also the reason of your problem: When you playback the recording, you hear both recorded track and sound comming from monologue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: