Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos X Power up issues (almost gone)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
projectaspen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:18 pm    Post subject: Kronos X Power up issues (almost gone) Reply with quote

Korg Kronos X having some boot issues. All started with the replace battery low voltage sign. I didn't switch for about 2 months and first it started having some power on issues. I'd need to turn it on, light appeared fast on XY joystick then went out. Then after some seconds power on again and screen would appear.

I finally changed the battery but it didn't fix.. Now it's even worse and only after I turn on and off then on real fast will it turn on..

Seems like it's almost gone. What is happening? Since everything works after some magic, what can I do to fix this issue? Repair is really expensive here
BlackForest

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it sound like the power supply on the way out?

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
projectaspen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:03 am    Post subject: sounds like a PSU Reply with quote

sounds like a computer PSU when the computer has some faulty component at startup. like a spaceship sound of some sort, then immediately goes off.

I dont use a UPS yet and wonder if that would make a difference. problem is once it's disconnected from the UPS it's back to not working and the gimmick would have to be done again
rpowell01

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: sounds like a PSU Reply with quote

projectaspen wrote:
sounds like a computer PSU when the computer has some faulty component at startup. like a spaceship sound of some sort, then immediately goes off.

I dont use a UPS yet and wonder if that would make a difference. problem is once it's disconnected from the UPS it's back to not working and the gimmick would have to be done again

A UPS is a universal power supply aka BATTER backup. That is different than the onboard power supply like a computer has. IMHO it sounds like a power supply issue. The best way you can tell is open the bottom of the Kronos up and if you smell something like electrical fire then its the power supply. I had this happen to me with a computer of mine years ago, it sounded like a space ship then I began smelling the electrical burning smell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: