Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mute Audio Track?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jovco

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Mute Audio Track? Reply with quote

Hello guys,

I have song which have some audio tracks. On my audio channels 7&8 (paired) I have backing vocals audio track.

Sometimes during the song playback I wan't to mute that backing vocals track.

I know I can turn them off by pressing switches off on track 7&8, but I have to be in audio control mode for that, but I can't, I have to be in Karma mode, because I'm using the 'karma switching sounds trick'.

Also, everything is on Set List slot, so I can't mute them by tapping a mute button on screen.

Volume pedal also is not an option.

Is it possible to turn off specific audio track with SW1, or Vector Joystic, or something like that?

Thanks.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Mute Audio Track? Reply with quote

Jovco wrote:
Hello guys,

I have song which have some audio tracks. On my audio channels 7&8 (paired) I have backing vocals audio track.

Sometimes during the song playback I wan't to mute that backing vocals track.

I know I can turn them off by pressing switches off on track 7&8, but I have to be in audio control mode for that, but I can't, I have to be in Karma mode, because I'm using the 'karma switching sounds trick'.

Also, everything is on Set List slot, so I can't mute them by tapping a mute button on screen.

Volume pedal also is not an option.

Is it possible to turn off specific audio track with SW1, or Vector Joystic, or something like that?

Thanks.

I am not sure. Vector might get it done. On some combis Vector mutes some instruments or fades them out. You might research how that is done.

I am not clear what mode you work in. Guessing combi.
Jovco

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a Combi with all my sounds I needed, and then I copy it to the seqencer, insert my audio files, and save it as a song file. Than I insert that song file in my set list, in free slot.

Everything works fine, but to mute some tracks I need to switch each time from rt/karma mode in control panel, to audio mode, and then turn off switches, it would be much easyer if I can assign some switch like a SW1 to mute track when I want.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jovco wrote:
I made a Combi with all my sounds I needed, and then I copy it to the seqencer, insert my audio files, and save it as a song file. Than I insert that song file in my set list, in free slot.

Everything works fine, but to mute some tracks I need to switch each time from rt/karma mode in control panel, to audio mode, and then turn off switches, it would be much easyer if I can assign some switch like a SW1 to mute track when I want.

Thats more like it. I think SEQ mode is very useful

You should be able to mute an audio track by recording the action on a midi track.

Other SEQ experts will likely post. Mike Conway has several excellent YT's on the SEQ and recording. He might cover muting a track in a recording somewhere.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Mute Audio Track? Reply with quote

Jovco wrote:

Yes, that is possible, if you don't mind routing your Audio Track to a Stereo Compressor IFX slot.

IFX tab --- AUDIO ROUTING (not MIDI routing) page. Select an IFX and select the Stereo Compressor.

Press on the IFX 1-12 tab. In the Stereo Compressor settings, look at the GAIN ADJUST box. For SOURCE, select the controller of your choice (SW1,2, VJS, etc.). Next to AMOUNT, select -63. When you activate your controller, it will drop the volume down.

At the top of the Compressor settings, you will probably need to set the Channel. Channel 1, for example. Set it to whatever channel you are playing from.
Jovco

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Mike Conway

Thank you so much, works great 😊
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: