Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Krome 2 ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss the Volca series as toys. Treat them intelligently, and they sound great. They're capable little desktop devices, especially in a studio context. KORG outdid themselves in terms of packaging efficiency and general friendliness.

I know that I use the Volcas, and they've been great in my work. Never regretted buying one for a moment, and the Drum looks very tempting as well.
narkosys

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, in the right hands they are an amazing instrument. But the volca series serves a very tight niche.

Though I am not impressed with it due to the awful GUI and key bed, Yamaha set the bar for mid/entry level synths with the MoDX. What Korg has offered with the Krome EX is abysmal at best, and we have yet to really see what Roland has come up with.

I am in need of a new keyboard sooner rather than later and nothing that has come out recently has really been good. As much as I would like to get a Kronos, they are still $4000 in Canadian funds for a used one.
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me the Volca series is a grab bag of desktop devices. A little limited (although the Sample and the FM remove many of those limits) and they all sound great.

They're compact, easy studio tools. When I want a bass patch without a lot of faffing around, the Volca Bass gives me a solid bass with a few knob twiddles. Jazz it up with a multi-effects tool, and it sounds massive (especially through slapback and flanging).

In fact, my Krome herding a crowd of Volcas over MIDI to expand its internal sound generation is an electronic orchestra in its own right.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: