Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed .. How to use Kronos multisamples on Pa4x?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
denistu007

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Help needed .. How to use Kronos multisamples on Pa4x? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I've heard that PA4x can read Kronos multisamples and was wondering if someone could explain the right procedure to make this happen. I have several user-sets for Kronos that I would like to "convert" to Pa4x sounds but I am not sure which files from the Kronos set I should start from.

I would appreciate if someone could explain a step by step procedure for this, because although these two keyboards have similarities they do have different folders structures.

Also, what would be the most effective way to transfer/copy effects?

I do have the latest version of Korg Pa Manager, in case this can help during the procedure.

Thank you all!

DT
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg PA Manager cant handle Kronos files, but You can use some kind of sample converter, Remind that 4 X cant load Stereo Samples you have to split them first.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
denistu007

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the PA Manager (Sample Manager) allows you to import multisamples from Kronos and then assign them to a sound in PA4x. The only things is that effects have to be read on Kronos and then re-produced on the new PA4x sound. I was just wondering if this it the right/only way of converting sounds to Pa4x.

Also, what's the proper way of splitting stereo samples and then reusing them in PA4x? Hope it's not a major headache. Smile

Also, how can I figure out if a multisample from Kronos is stereo or mono?

Thanks,
DT
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Import Multisamples (KMP) Reply with quote

denistu007 wrote:
.. I was just wondering if this it the right/only way of converting sounds to Pa4x ...

As described in manual (page 458 ff) you can import multisamples (including the contained samples) in KORG’s native multisample format, used by the Trinity and Triton series of workstations. The file name has the .kmp extension.

Also Kronos KMP files seems to be fully compatible with Pa4X ---> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=113098&sid=fd819b749423b659afc32b636d4a0542

Imported multisamples and sample are automatically stored in the internal memory. It is recommended to take note of multisamples name, as you will need it in Sound mode, when assigning the multisample to a new Sound.
You also can load samples (KSF, AIFF, WAVE) in mono or stereo, as whether you record or load a stereo or mono sample, the sample in memory will be treated as if it was stereo. Mono samples will be saved as mono files. Stereo samples will be saved as two separate mono files, and will be treated as mono files when reloaded.
Only when importing sf2-sound it is necessary before importing to divide overlapping zones of stereo sounds into L-monosample and R-monosamples. It is easy to figure out if a sample is stereo or mono (with Awave, Polyphone etc..)

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
denistu007

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clarification Sebenhirter.

Is there a way of automatically transferring and assigning Sound parameters from Kronos, including effects, after multisamples are imported?

So far I've been doing it manualy (going trough Kronos progarm menus and replicating it in Pa4x), which is quite time consuming. Sad

Thanks,
D
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Sound parameters transferred from Kronos to Pa-Keyboard Reply with quote

denistu007 wrote:
.. Is there a way of automatically transferring and assigning Sound parameters from Kronos, including effects, after multisamples are imported? ...

Parameters transferred to Pa-Keyboards automatically are
- Samples with its waveforms and playback settings (Start, loop start and end address ...) and
- Multisamples with its assigned samples, specified zones and original keys.

Sound parameters including effects and all of all that settings to be done as next step in SoundEdit with Pa-Keyboards are not transferred.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: