Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Program-parameters exported in a file?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
denistu007

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Kronos Program-parameters exported in a file? Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I own a Kronos as well as a Korg Pa4x, and I am trying to "recreate" some of the user sounds (multisample-based) from Kronos to Pa4x. Since Pa4x can read KMP format from Kronos, I figured out how to do the "raw" multisample transfer through PA Manager, but now I need to match the other program parameters, including Effects settings.

So far I've been doing it by having Kronos and Pa4x side by side and then going through Kronos menues. This takes quite a bit of time, so I was wondering if there is a way of exporting information on Program-parameters to a file that could be used even without Kronos?

I tried the Kronos Editor but could not find a feature that would do that. It seems that the Editor displays correct info only when Kronos is connected.

Thank you!
D
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you save the current status of your unit in SQS format after importing everything (get all under Kronos transfer tab), you have almost everything except the samples and can use the Korg editor without connection with your Kronos.

There are also detailed MIDI/SYSEX implementation documents and several SYSEX commands available. You can download that stuff on the Korg site. I have no clue if it will be compatible with the Pa4x though.
denistu007

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks KK.
Will definitely try that.

Cheers,
Denis
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: