Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sample Playback Artifact

View previous topic :: View next topic  
evansc0tt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: Sample Playback Artifact Reply with quote

Hi. I love my E2 Sampler, but I'm encountering an artifact during sample playback.

It always happens with my kick sounds. I'll have a nice "thump" going, but when I adjust ANY parameter on ANY channel (including the kick channel itself) the kick sample will often, but not always, come out sounding like somebody whacking a tennis ball. It almost sounds like there's some sort of phase cancellation. The original kick is there, but it will have a sort of pop to it that's noticeable. What this means is that I can't do filter sweeps or volume changes or anything of that nature on ANY channel if I don't want to get a wonky kick sound every now and then.
This only seems to happen on my custom samples, and not on any of the factory samples.

Has anybody else encountered this?
Brawny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that, rarely, but it happens. I found that if playing the same note silently on the note/pattern before your first kick, the following one comes out reliably. It's a pain to work with, as are getting notes to play reliably on external gear, particularly chords.

Out of curiosity, have you been using pattern or sample editor software to manipulate the data on the SD card? I only ask because I do and wondered if this was the cause, or if it's just a bug.
evansc0tt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, Brawny.

I'm importing samples that I've loaded onto an SD card.
evansc0tt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EASY FIX

Ok, I figured it out. I've been making pretty subby/noisey kicks, and they were too loud. Just turning the kick channel down fixed the problem.

I sure feel silly....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: