Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prologue OS 1.3 tuning fix?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slug

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Prologue OS 1.3 tuning fix? Reply with quote

Well this is the big update everyone has been waiting for - looking forward to hearing from the users about its success...!
NickZoll

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a success. Installed, played a couple of hours not a single wrong note!
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really glad I don't have to return my third Prologue buying effort, but just have to wait for my gurantee repair of the third one.

Still, what Korg has done (or not done) towards Prologue buyers during the last 9 months has been utterly shameless, impertinent and unacceptable! They will definitely hear no thank you from my side at all, just some: "incredibly bad done quality control, destastrously bad communication next, and incredibly late fix last, still just slightly better than never".
NickZoll

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You’re right they should rethink their customer support
vlz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've installed the firmware update today and tested the oscillators against the multiengine. I can report that all notes are in tune, with some very small drift, which is expect of free-running VCOs.

I am happy it's fixed, although in practice the problem with the three notes did not seem to be very noticeable beyond some patches and the raw saw tuning test.
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the three notes problem has not been too noticeable on your Prologue, you can call yourself lucky. On half a dozen Prologues I had or have tested, the tuning issue on these notes had VERY noticeable arrbitrary jumps, not just in some patches, but generally. And without a single exception, none of these Prologues would have been useable in live band play or for recording. Same for many other users I know meanwhile and their Prologues.

So generally speaking, this patch was more than needed, and it was more than just a little bit overdue, after 8-9 months of masses of more or less unuseable Prologues being sold by Korg, as if no problem existed at all, and their public silence towards the massive problem.

When I get back my third bought Prologue, from guarantee repair (after only two months of use), and install the patch, it will be exactly the first time in months, since paying a lot of money for it - and after lots of completely untolerable trouble with issue clarification, time waste and returns - that I can really use and record this synth in a proper way at all!

So this is rather just the end of months of utter Korg madness, than any kind of classical happy end to me.
vlz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like the folks who got the Moog One are experiencing similar issues,
check this out

https://youtu.be/-LmoXuxD2MY

Interesting how instruments seem to be getting out to market with such teething problems
NickZoll

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious how fast they will fix it
vlz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, me too. But going by what I am reading in the forums, there are lots of little issues to be fixed. It looks like such a complex machine, released before all the issues had been ironed out.
NickZoll

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should have betta tested this before... but you see it is kind of the way of doing things ofr everybody, korg, roland, moog, dsi etc. release something than nail it down with firmware updates. It is easier for yamahas cause they release only digital synths. But there was a thing or rather two that I did not like about moog. I own sub37, the shafts of the knobs are plastic (only filter knob has metal one) which is weird assuming the price (prologue is a poly synth and has metal ones for almost the same price). So the first batch of subs had plastic shaft on the cutoff knob too and it started to brake down so moog has replaced it for every claim for free and this is how it should been done i think. But many users were not satisfied how the instrument was calibrated (not me though) so they decided to fix it and release subsequent asking sub37 users to pay for the update and this is not cool. I mean some users said it was a real issue with headroom and drive calibration but the moog guys said like there is no issue it is just another musical flavor.
Andi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimknopf wrote:
I'm really glad I don't have to return my third Prologue buying effort, but just have to wait for my gurantee repair of the third one.

Still, what Korg has done (or not done) towards Prologue buyers during the last 9 months has been utterly shameless, impertinent and unacceptable! They will definitely hear no thank you from my side at all, just some: "incredibly bad done quality control, destastrously bad communication next, and incredibly late fix last, still just slightly better than never".

And people like you got me banned from this forum 8 years ago, because I was criticising Korg for their Kronos keybed mess and the stonage old Kronos OS patched on top of a Linux OS on a cheap standard mini Core Duo MB.
Now eight years later the OS is still the same old crap. It's hillarious, esp. if you compare it to an iPad with Korg Gadget and a nice Masterkeyboard together for not even half the price. Korg Keyboards have become stagnant.
Don't fear, this will be my only comment on this.
(I still love my King Korg though.)
NickZoll

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't disagree concerning kronos and their toher digital products
But it is no only korg's issue cause many companies do not bring anything new on the marked.
Even your beloved king korg is kind of reduced in features comparing to their older products like radias.
Prologue also re-utilizes the same old tech like vpm introduced more than 20 years ago, but analogue part of prologue is a good one.
As I said not many new innovative synths on the marked.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZoll wrote:
As I said not many new innovative synths on the marked.

Arturia MicroFreak, anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT6GSgkdzf0
NickZoll

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, you have the same oscs from mutable instruments for prologue and they are free. I don't get this hype, arturia just copying the same tech as korg's custom osc. Microfreak is paraphonic, pcb keyboard is not very playable, the filter is ok but nothing special, only 4 parameters to tweak vs 6 on prologue/xd, only one osc, no fx, mod matrix is very limited... I have prologue paired with octatrack that gives a bunch of extra lfos, but if I didn't I'd rather go for minilogue xd cause it has analogue oscs, fx, nice sequencer and I am pretty sure overall build quality is better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Prologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: