Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Kronos refuses to preload ONE program into my combination

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dphil5163

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: My Kronos refuses to preload ONE program into my combination Reply with quote

I've tried everything I know to do. Does anybody have any suggestions??
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easier if you describe what step by step process you are doing to “preload” your program.

Is it not showing up in the combi, but loads in the program mode bank and slot that was put into a combi?

Or the entire program is not even loading in Program mode?

A program has to be loaded into program mode and playing as it should, for it to be useful anywhere in Kronos, and then the Program can be assigned to Combi or Song.

Starting from program mode to make sure all is loaded and working well in program mode with your specific program, and then go to combi mode and use drop down menu to copy from Program.
After that, you habe to write the Combi for it to keep the program permanently.
If that has failed you, then maybe there is an issue elsewhere.
dphil5163

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Program plays fine. I place it in the Combination (and write) and it works fine. But when I turn the keyboard off and restart I have to RELOAD the program into the Combination every time I go to it. This is a pain for other people who use it and don't know how to load the required samples every time.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dphil5163 wrote:
The Program plays fine. I place it in the Combination (and write) and it works fine. But when I turn the keyboard off and restart I have to RELOAD the program into the Combination every time I go to it. This is a pain for other people who use it and don't know how to load the required samples every time.

you have to WRITE the edited Combi to SSD
dphil5163

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. How do I know I am writing it to SSD?
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dphil5163 wrote:
Okay. How do I know I am writing it to SSD?

You go to disk mode and use the “save” command. I would not overwrite the factory file unless you are using an empty user Combi with the program you put there yourself to make your own combi.
Even then, i would rather make a duplicate of the factory file and use that, rather than change the original factory file.
But no big deal because the original factory file is possible to find on the retoration DVD discs.

I went to Kronos just now and took an emty Combi and wrote a random program into a default setup timbre. I used write Combi command to write it in and then turned kronos power off.

I waited forever for kronos to reboot and then went to Combi and found my Test combi there. It worked without the same problem as you have.
So normal function is that you write the combi and no need to save it in SSD. It should store on Kronos with just a Write combi unless you load new content over it.

The KSC(sample) files for programs are what load from SSD every time you power on the Kronos. Combi and Program banks, slots and timbre assignments do not need to be in SSD.

But if you are having a special problem, then maybe you should go to disk mode and save your PCG file there with the combi set up and working as you need it.
Save it to Disk mode as a new file and then do a load of that new file when your save command is complete.
If the new file loaded is working as you expect, then do the final test of power off Kronos and power on again. And then see if the same problem remains.
mikelees

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, sounds like a sample loading issue rather than a Combi saving issue. Does your suspect program use a KSC file with external samples? Have you set that particular KSC to auto load in Global mode?

See the parameter guide, Global 0-3 section for details on how to set KSC files to auto load. Even better if you have a _userbank.KSC so it streams samples from SSD and doesn’t use as much RAM.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dphil5163 wrote:

So your problem is not with the Program, but with the samples required by the program. Read the section in the OG about loading user samples at boot up. Its a global mode function.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: