Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New User: Howdy from Baulkham Hills Australia

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACPL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject: New User: Howdy from Baulkham Hills Australia Reply with quote

Giday,
I got myself a Korg Triton Taktile 25. I am a complete newby to lay synth but can read music and sing in the tenor to counter tenor range.
I bought the Triton to add more sound / fill in the sound when my wife plays the piano / electric piano.

The Kord Kontrol program is a bit of a special relic.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellow Sydneyite and Welcome to the gang! I'm over near Bankstown myself.
As an owner of one of the first in the range that the Triton is born out of, I can vouch for the goodness in the sounds produced by the controller synth you have just purchased. I used to read music a long long time ago when I was a trombonist/bassist though these days my music theory knowledge tends to only be used when sequencing. I really should set-up a decent space to practice my piano/keyboard skills as it is a very fine form of meditation!

Not familiar with the Kontrol software but can imagine it would feel odd using such old configuration software, but hopefully you can run in a "set and forget" manner if you are more of a performer than a synth programmer Very Happy
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
ACPL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm welcome, Bankstown is just down the road. My wife is getting a new Alesis Recital Pro for Christmas.
Any way while she has gone off to work I took the opportunity to play with Ableton Lite. I think there will definitely be some Synth Programming as we go, provided I don't loose focus on what I am trying to achieve.
Merry Christmas.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I missed this reply over the Chrissy break! Merry Christmas to you too and Happy New Year Smile
Ableton Live is a good program and I used to use it for multitracking, though I prefer a dedicated recorder. I never used the software synth side of it mainly due to owning plenty of hardware synths already.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: