Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MainStage and Local Control

View previous topic :: View next topic  
roundand

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject: MainStage and Local Control Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

My first real MainStage gig is coming up. I used to have all the sounds coming from the Kronos and I want to keep it as a backup. However, it is also the controller for my MainStage set. This works fine. However, as I have all the sounds on the Kronos as well, I would like to keep it as a backup that I rely on in case MainStage fails. The idea is to just turn up the volume of the Kronos and there I go. To be completely independent then, local control has to be turned on. Everything's fine then. However, when I choose a new sound from the setlist slot (which also controls m MainStage set), the Kronos mutes. Using trial and error I have been able to track down the "Enable control change" box in the midi filter section of the settings in the Kronos. If this box is ticked, the Kronos mutes upon patch change. The box needs to ticked - of course - for e.g. the sustain pedal to work. Is there any weird command coming from MS to the Kronos via patch change that tells my Kronos to fall silent?

Thanks in advance!
Korg Kronos X 88, Arturia Keylab 61, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha MM8, iPad Air 2 (various apps including e.g. Animoog) Alesis Vortex Wireless Keytar, MacBook Pro late 2016 15'' (Logic Pro X, MainStage 3Ableton Live 9 Suite, various plug-ins including e.g. Omnisphere)
roundand

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved. My second keyboard, an Arturia 61, was hooked up both to the Mac via USB and to the Kronos via DIN-Midi. Removing the DIN-cable solved it.
Korg Kronos X 88, Arturia Keylab 61, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha MM8, iPad Air 2 (various apps including e.g. Animoog) Alesis Vortex Wireless Keytar, MacBook Pro late 2016 15'' (Logic Pro X, MainStage 3Ableton Live 9 Suite, various plug-ins including e.g. Omnisphere)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: