Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Found another feature on the PA700...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:00 am    Post subject: Found another feature on the PA700... Reply with quote

Hello,
I am not sure if anyone else has stumbled upon or knew this, but when you are playing an MP3 from the PA700 and you hit a transpose button, either up or down, it transposes the MP3 file for you...

I was messing around before a performance this afternoon and there is a soundbed of one of my songs as an MP3 and I figured that I would try to transpose the keybed down a half-step so I could play the lead line in E minor instead of E flat minor.

To my surprise, not only did the keybed transpose down a half step, but the MP3 did too!

I was very surprised because I did not hear any audible change in EQ tone or anything. It seamlessly transposed the MP3. It was almost immediate and so I started messing around with the transpose buttons, going down and up 5 or 6 steps and it followed...

I was kind of blown away by this. I may never use it, but it was neat to know that it was a feature.

I may need to get even deeper into the manual and see what else the PA700 has up its sleeve that I am not using yet...

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
ORGANGRINDER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry. You can also set the 700 to not transpose the mp3 but just the keyboard or transpose just the mp3. Both can be very handy.
MEL
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Smile I will have to check that part out Smile

I am planning to buy another PA700 as a backup, since I use my main one every day in my business. It will be nice to have a backup of the unit.

My previous arranger was the Roland E-09 and I had two of those; one as a backup. I still have both of them, as well as a Roland BK-5. I had planned on using the BK-5 as the backup, but it does not compare to the PA700 at all.

I am considering the PA1000 though but taking into account the great experience I have had with the PA700, I am not sure going to the next higher model is actually worth it. I could use some of the features on the PA1000 that the PA700 does not have, but it is not critical that I have those extra features built in.

Thanks again.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
scottyee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To enable/disable MP3 Song Transpose :

GLOBAL Button > Tuning
Tap PLAYER to enable/disable MP3 Song Transpose from the keyboard's transpose b/# buttons.

a shortcut to access the same above window:
Shift Button + Transpose b/# button Wink

ORGANGRINDER wrote:
You can also set the 700 to not transpose the mp3 but just the keyboard or transpose just the mp3. Both can be very handy.
MEL

How do you transpose JUST the mp3, but not the keyboard too? Whenever I transpose the MP3 via the PA1000's transpose b/# buttons, the keyboard transposes too. Is it possible to freeze the keyboard transpose setting?

Scott Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: